Pre Exhibition Game Interviews | The Boneyard

Pre Exhibition Game Interviews

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I loved all 3 of the interviews. Hopefully, the game will be streamed by Huskies Access. I am looking forward to watching this team.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I really appreciate that Geno specifically said that Molly has had a good three weeks of practice.

My sincerest hope for the year is that Molly, Kyla, and Batouly each have (at least) one game where we can all come back here and talk about how they were a difference maker.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
During Christyn's interview I could not help but notice Megan and Ania doing a shooting drill behind Christyn. They each started facing the basket in the lane, shooting with only one hand on the ball and progressing steadily backwards to the top of the key, then took 5 footers from all angles around the basket, and finally they shot layups quickly alternating right handed then left handed. In all, each player shot about 50-60 times.

Megan was fine, missing only a handful of shots, But Ania was amazing. She missed exactly 1 of her 50+ shots, and that was from the top of the key with one hand. Back in my younger days I played a lot of basketball and I was a fairly decent shooter. On my best day I could never come close to shooting the ball as well as Ania. I'm starting to get really, really excited...…..

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
During Christyn's interview I could not help but notice Megan and Ania doing a shooting drill behind Christyn. They each started facing the basket in the lane, shooting with only one hand on the ball and progressing steadily backwards to the top of the key, then took 5 footers from all angles around the basket, and finally they shot layups quickly alternating right handed then left handed. In all, each player shot about 50-60 times.

Megan was fine, missing only a handful of shots, But Ania was amazing. She missed exactly 1 of her 50+ shots, and that was from the top of the key with one hand. Back in my younger days I played a lot of basketball and I was a fairly decent shooter. On my best day I could never come close to shooting the ball as well as Ania. I'm starting to get really, really excited...…..

You have a right to be excited. I've been predicting for the last 2+months that Anna will be the 5th starter. Even if she's not, she's going to get a lot of minutes this year. She's going to be fun to watch.

I think we (the BY) need to come to an agreement how we are gong to spell Anna's name. Anna or Ania. I know it was discussed briefly a while back. I don't remember what the outcome was.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You have a right to be excited. I've been predicting for the last 2+months that Anna will be the 5th starter. Even if she's not, she's going to get a lot of minutes this year. She's going to be fun to watch.

I think we (the BY) need to come to an agreement how we are gong to spell Anna's name. Anna or Ania. I know it was discussed briefly a while back. I don't remember what the outcome was.
Geno refers to her as Anna. But I really like Ania. It sounds more “old country.”

Reaction Score

Classic Geno - well worth investing 20 minutes for this.

Ref defense:

“HER [Christyn] defense is much better?? That goes to show you how bad it WAS, if SHE thinks it’s better. That’s like a drowning person who now has their eyes above the water saying, ‘I’m doin’ good.’“

"Anna’s taken over Lou’s spot of, 'We have to find somebody we can put her on', you know, so she’s filling in that spot."

Aubrey’s taken over Christyn’s spot of, you know, “I’ll try really, really hard, but I don’t know what I’m doing, but I’ll try really, really hard.”

“Aubrey almost plays as if you have two people guarding you at the same time. She almost has the same presence Gabby had.”

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No interviews from the Jefferson side I guess.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

In the background of the Crystal interview, Aubrey and Evelyn are going through the same drill. Aubrey looks very smooth, and Evelyn looks so much trimmer than she did in the spring. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom