Practice Wins Sheet | The Boneyard

Practice Wins Sheet

Reaction Score
Link
IMG_20190701_180308.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought Bouknight was dominating practice?

He hasn't lost a 1v1 match. Coaches usually have these for winning competitive drills, sprints, hustle plays, defense, all that kind of stuff. Develops the intensity needed.

Hurley spoke about Bouk's lack of intensity/motor in practice. Needs to toughen up. His skill is very good obviously. The motor stuff is probably showing up here. Getting in the gym with Sal will do wonders with Bouknight. He is very, very new to strength and mobility training. It's more than just playing ball now and he hasn't gotten there physically.

Is it any surprise Christian is in front? I hope he's beating up on the freshman every day.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Is it any surprise Christian is in front? I hope he's beating up on the freshman every day.

Not just in front, he's way in front.

One Christian is greater than three Sidneys according to this metric...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He hasn't lost a 1v1 match. Coaches usually have these for winning competitive drills, sprints, hustle plays, defense, all that kind of stuff. Develops the intensity needed.

Hurley spoke about Bouk's lack of intensity/motor in practice. Needs to toughen up. His skill is very good obviously. The motor stuff is probably showing up here. Getting in the gym with Sal will do wonders with Bouknight. He is very, very new to strength and mobility training. It's more than just playing ball now and he hasn't gotten there physically.

Nobody ever questioned his hustle or effort. It’s nice to see Adams is right there, and two guys who need to play hard, Whaley and Polley, rank highly.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

One thing you notice watching tape on Bouk is that his motor isn’t always on. When it’s on he’s amazing; chasing guys down blocking shots from behind, aggressively attacking the rim, working hard off the ball, cutting, dunking on guys but then he will disappear for a while.. If Hurley can get him to turn his motor turned on the majority of the time he will be a big time player.

Reaction Score

To be fair to James, he needs to work on being consistent with his energy in practice. He’s not going at half speed or loafing, he just needs to keep the intensity up. Most young guys have to learn to recover quickly from critical coaching or getting beat by teammates, especially the second which may not have occurred as much at their previous level. Dan compared James to two of his favorite guys ever to coach- he’s not giving out that type of praise if he’s not doing well, overall.

Yesterday was the first day the media was at a summer practice, and it was telling that the new guys were the focus. Yes, it’s an introduction, but they’re already representing the team, in some ways, better than some of the current guys. It’s not quite a “Hurley team” yet, but it’s getting there. RJ and Christian are outstanding models for Jalen and James.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom