Practice matchups | The Boneyard

Practice matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Until BBanks is cleared for full 5x5, we have 8 active players. If we plug in two walk-ons, here is one interesting practice matchup (among several) that could be pretty close.

Blue....White
Mo........Saniya
[w.o.]......Bria
KML.......[w.o.]
Tuck........Stewie
Kiah.........Stef

Any team with Stewie would seem to have the advantage--including this one--except for the fact that Morgan has played pretty decent defense against her in the past. Not that anyone can shut down Stewie, but I'm just sayin'.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I certainly remember and noted at the time…I think it was in last year's international practice…
Stewie remarked that Morgan gave her the most problems as a defender.
She was real tough on Ms. McBride when she had that assignment in the final-four
Methinks, she is the nearest thing to a Kelly replacement.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
maybe a few "male practice" players? a player or 2 tends to be late due to class or out due to injuries!

HGN

Reaction Score
Male practice players will be required and needed because any sub-6 foot female walk-on would get eaten alive by Stewie or Tuck I believe. A walk-on or 2 will be needed for in- season games to fill out the roster .

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Male practice players are always needed and utilized every year - I was just speaking to some potential matchups between our own squad. Besides, both walk-ons are guards around 5'10" so they don't have to guard Stewie that much.....

(I bet J. Fernandez had a fun time guarding Maya Moore on switches but you can be sure she participated fully in scrimmages nonetheless.)

Reaction Score
VA: That's one of the sorts of threads I really go for....gives you a chance to do some fantasy stuff. In the matchup you suggest, I see the White team winning at least four out five (assuming the two walk-ons are a wash....and I have no idea/data on that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom