Practice Injuries | The Boneyard

Practice Injuries

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Never in my life have I seen a team have as many practice injuries as we have had the past few years. Like we have to sweat the practice injury report in Hurley’s pregame zoom pressers. Andre Jackson breaks his wrist, Polley tears his ACL. Akok has shin problems, Martin rolls his ankle...it’s just non-stop. At some point Hurley has to dial it back in practice right? Does he have them competing too hard in practice?

Reaction Score
At some point we have to stop looking for a scapegoat, and just chalk it up to bad luck. Tearing an ACL or breaking your hand isn’t from practicing too hard. That can happen in a light practice

Reaction Score
Never in my life have I seen a team have as many practice injuries as we have had the past few years. Like we have to sweat the practice injury report in Hurley’s pregame zoom pressers. Andre Jackson breaks his wrist, Polley tears his ACL. Akok has shin problems, Martin rolls his ankle...it’s just non-stop. At some point Hurley has to dial it back in practice right? Does he have them competing too hard in practice?

Hurley isn't an idiot, nor is our SnC staff. At this point in the season, I can practically guarantee you that we are spending some days focused on recover/rest/shooting and low contact drills, and when we are playing 5v5 live, making sure to track time and scuffs and bruises. Every coach knows to do this. Literally every one. Go to a D1 practice this time of year, and you always see starters sitting out of live drills after game day. even terrible coaches at high schools with no dedicated strength and conditioning staff know to do this stuff.

Reaction Score
At some point we have to stop looking for a scapegoat, and just chalk it up to bad luck. Tearing an ACL or breaking your hand isn’t from practicing too hard. That can happen in a light practice
Exactly. Probably the only injury seen from over intensity was Polley’s eye.

Reaction Score
Eh, tonight he seems to be hyping up the usual day to day injuries of a season to cover his butt for another potential loss tomorrow.

Bouknight going outside UConn to get this surgery had ended all momentum for this year. Every game is a potential loss. Majority are likely losses without him. That's just the truth.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
This is a pretty outdated way of thinking. Even bad high school coaches know that now. In-season rest, "shooting practices," and focusing on recovery at this point in the season is vitally important.

I'm a 50yo football guy who loves UConn BB but definitely a casual fan when it comes to the game. I knew it was an archaic comment the minute I hit send. Then Gold Rush came back on and I forgot to delete it. My bad.

Reaction Score
I'm a 50yo football guy who loves UConn BB but definitely a casual fan when it comes to the game. I knew it was an archaic comment the minute I hit send. Then Gold Rush came back on and I forgot to delete it. My bad.

I miss the good old days when my coach told me after smacking my head on the floor that "it doesn't matter if you're dizzy as long as you can still feed the big man." ;)

Reaction Score
I think we are seeing the effect of what happens on a message board when people are quarantined for almost a year lol. Some of these discussions are so mind boggling even for the boneyard. Hard to even come on here anymore

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So if Martin is out tomorrow wrap up the season sadly. Unfortunately we don’t get draft picks for the poor outing. 2020 just won’t end. Well “we’ll always have next year”. The new 6 year cheer. I’m wondering if Calhoun made some deal with the devil to get us on the map. Hate feeling g tho his way. Dc org guys. Lost my buddy this year too to some aggressive cancer. Our last game was the ECU one with my little boys where Bouk changed the program with his one handed alley oop. We went to the last 3 there. Just wanted to get something out if this year aside from blah. And so so at best. Talk me off the ledge. Let’s stay over 500 for 2 years in a row!!

Reaction Score
Image result for head exploding gif

Reaction Score
Practice like you play.
So in practice does the point guard take 15 seconds to get into the offensive area and pass to a big who passes it right back so now UConn has just 10 seconds to run offense? Seems like that is how they play so that must be how they practice.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Doubtful since he never bothered to take it, just passed to the guy beyond the 3pt line :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom