PP and GDL need to be fired | The Boneyard

PP and GDL need to be fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we are serious about wanting to be in a major conference and serious about our future, they both need to be fired. We have to be serious about playing big time football, no more of this conservative, playing not to lose Mickey Mouse . This is the worst second half football team I've ever seen, the numbers are just laughable. Not being able to make any adjustments is the sign of horrid coaching and we are the worst at it. We absolutely have to make a change, if we don't we are showing that we aren't serious at all about football and the future of UConn athletics. Pasqualoni's comments heading into the lockeroom tell you everything you need to know, those comments just can't be tolerated.

Reaction Score
The whole board should be filled with these threads and we should all constantly be sending emails and making phone calls to Herbst and Manuel until they make a change.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
No ****, but how many threads are we gonna have stating the same thing over and over and over again

if u dont talk about it and spread it then it never happens.

Reaction Score
Mac threw 2 interceptions and some of us are hard on Chandler for all his interceptions. This is a clear sign of poor coaching offensively. I can't believe we come off the fiesta bowl to hire Paul and George who rotate QB's instead of RB's... Smh! Just bad pair of coaches... Temple hires OC of FL Gators, Louisville a coach from Gators, Kent State hires a coach from Ohio State and we hire Paul and George... Lol

Reaction Score
Mac threw 2 interceptions and some of us are hard on Chandler for all his interceptions. This is a clear sign of poor coaching offensively. I can't believe we come off the fiesta bowl to hire Paul and George who rotate QB's instead of RB's... Smh! Just bad pair of coaches... Temple hires OC of FL Gators, Louisville a coach from Gators, Kent State hires a coach from Ohio State and we hire Paul and George... Lol

Thats what happens when you worry more about hiring a HC who won't leave to go else where as opposed to hiring a HC who may leave to get another job in 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Exactly, but now and days thats all you get from coaches in the college scene... 2-3 years maybe 4.

Thats what happens when you worry more about hiring a HC who won't leave to go else where as opposed to hiring a HC who may leave to get another job in 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
Exactly, but now and days thats all you get from coaches in the college scene... 2-3 years maybe 4.

Well thats what you gotta do nothing is more important then the development of the program as long as the coach that leaves puts you in a good place. Look what Cincy has done, Dantonio left to go to Mich State and then they hire Kelly, Kelly leaves then they hire Butch Jones. Boise lost Dan Hawkins and became even better when Hawkins left and Peterson took over. If you build the program up enough eventually it becomes a destination job and not a stepping stone job.

Reaction Score
Finally, some words of knowledge! I agree 100% Scoe. Every college football team understands this but Uconn. Look at Kent State they sucked for over 30 yrs, then they hired a coach from Ohio State who coached next to Tressel for years and look at their team in just 2 years. What pisses me off PP and DL stays for another year why? What have they done for 2 years? Nothing!

Well thats what you gotta do nothing is more important then the development of the program as long as the coach that leaves puts you in a good place. Look what Cincy has done, Dantonio left to go to Mich State and then they hire Kelly, Kelly leaves then they hire Butch Jones. Boise lost Dan Hawkins and became even better when Hawkins left and Peterson took over. If you build the program up enough eventually it becomes a destination job and not a stepping stone job.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, PP and GDL will be back. Ready to collect another year of salary before retirement. Extra cash to afford the boat when the go fishing in 2014. After this one, they both should know that there won't be anymore coaching opportunities.

One thing is clear, they suck as coaches, they barely know arithmetic, their coaching teaches the team how to shoot itself it the foot, they are stubborn as can be, stuck in their old ways, and their excuse is that their is no offensive talent on the team.

I can just imagine the ABC announcer interviewing PP and GDL, " so your team is ranked 117 in the country on offense, whY?".... (response) Well, obviously, we don't have any room for error ( cause i think our players have less talent than the entire country)....We're not built to play from behind. (GDL's offensive philosophy doesnt' work, its called a PRO style.. we try to keep it so complicated that college players with 20 hours a week can't understand). ..... we need to keep it close.. (cincinnati is better than us).and see if we can pull it out in the end ( maybe we're lucky).....its a work in progress.. (that's my favorite excuse)........by the way...did you know that GDL works 18 hours a day...(doesn't he work hard, lets get him an extension, you know he's getting up there in age, my buddy).. and did you know that PP coached in the pros for 5 years....( needed to get a little credibility).. you see its a work in progress, ( had to mention that again)....... what we need to do is to create 3rd down and managable, ( so what we've decided to do, is we won't try to make a first down or score touchdowns, we just bring in the wildcat and FFup the drives).

Bad coaching, weak coaches, PP doesn't have the life left in him to bring this program back to life. He aged 7 years this season alone, GDL stays nice and fresh cause he's the mastermind, putting it all together.

Reaction Score
More words of knowledge!

Unfortunately, PP and GDL will be back. Ready to collect another year of salary before retirement. Extra cash to afford the boat when the go fishing in 2014. After this one, they both should know that there won't be anymore coaching opportunities.

One thing is clear, they suck as coaches, they barely know arithmetic, their coaching teaches the team how to shoot itself it the foot, they are stubborn as can be, stuck in their old ways, and their excuse is that their is no offensive talent on the team.

I can just imagine the ABC announcer interviewing PP and GDL, " so your team is ranked 117 in the country on offense, whY?".... (response) Well, obviously, we don't have any room for error ( cause i think our players have less talent than the entire country)....We're not built to play from behind. (GDL's offensive philosophy doesnt' work, its called a PRO style.. we try to keep it so complicated that college players with 20 hours a week can't understand). ..... we need to keep it close.. (cincinnati is better than us).and see if we can pull it out in the end ( maybe we're lucky).....its a work in progress.. (that's my favorite excuse)........by the way...did you know that GDL works 18 hours a day...(doesn't he work hard, lets get him an extension, you know he's getting up there in age, my buddy).. and did you know that PP coached in the pros for 5 years....( needed to get a little credibility).. you see its a work in progress, ( had to mention that again)....... what we need to do is to create 3rd down and managable, ( so what we've decided to do, is we won't try to make a first down or score touchdowns, we just bring in the wildcat and FFup the drives).

Bad coaching, weak coaches, PP doesn't have the life left in him to bring this program back to life. He aged 7 years this season alone, GDL stays nice and fresh cause he's the mastermind, putting it all together.

Reaction Score
Burning our TOs on time mismanagement, including burning one to avoid a delay of game in the 3rd because of confusion after a stopped clock is week 1 garbage. The coaching sucks plain and simple. PP's team is no better than last year, the offense is worse.

Thoroughly disgusted with the program.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NCst just hired Northern Illinios coach Dave Doeren. Their AD > our AD?

Reaction Score
Absolutely disgusted watching the game today...he deserves to be fired for blowing those 2 timeouts alone. It happened on the same drive too!

This team is talented, I don't want to hear the "he doesn't have any players" nonsense which is what someone tried to tell me at the game today.

Any coach with half a brain could have won 7 games with this schedule. Look at some of the teams we lost to:

NC St- fired coach, terrible road team
Western Michigan- 4-8 and fired their coach
Temple- 4-7, other than us and South Florida they couldn't come within 10 pts of anyone in the league. Not to mention the disgusting fashion in which we blew that game
South Florida- About to be 3-9 and their only conf win vs us

Not to mention the way this staff went into a shell every time we had a halftime lead. How anyone can watch this team every game this season and decipher this man deserves another year is beyond me.

Reaction Score

Move on Hazel right away. Don't know if we can get him(will probably get a better offer) but worth a shot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
No ****, but how many threads are we gonna have stating the same thing over and over and over again
I would rather have one too many than have one too few.

Reaction Score
Our AD is a poser. He has made no decisions, communicates no vision, lacks a network with influence, and sits around on his fat while others continually out maneuver UConn. I'm tired of these feel good hires and safe hires. Be bold, pay for talent and win. Come on, really? We take the AD from Buffalo? You have got to be joking. What an assinine hire from day one. I drank the cool-aide for a while, sure. You wanna believe. But, in hindsight, there are no indicators of success at the level needed.

Reaction Score
Our AD is a poser. He has made no decisions, communicates no vision, lacks a network with influence, and sits around on his fat while others continually out maneuver UConn. I'm tired of these feel good hires and safe hires. Be bold, pay for talent and win. Come on, really? We take the AD from Buffalo? You have got to be joking. What an assinine hire from day one. I drank the cool-aide for a while, sure. You wanna believe. But, in hindsight, there are no indicators of success at the level needed.

Add in that he looks like a complete idiot when he's roaming the sideline during warmups and before the end of the halfs....does he think he's Jerry Jones? He's certainly running the program like he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom