OT: - Powerful story/lesson from Ben Gordon | The Boneyard

OT: Powerful story/lesson from Ben Gordon

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I never see/post stuff on the MBB board, but wanted to share this because of the UConn connection. Ben tied a rope around his neck but decided he wanted to live, just without the pain. Then, after some crazy behavior that got him arrested, a judge saved his life by ordering him to go to therapy. He is telling his story to encourage people to get help when they need it.

I am going to use this article to start a conversation with my teen daughter to remind her it is ok to ask for help.

Ben Gordon Article

Reaction Score
I wish more people would realize that many times behavior of a criminal nature by a person is a symptom of something that is more of a personality disorder and that the person has no control over what they are doing. As strange as that may sound to some people stop and think of some of the characteristics of a physical illness you may have had. When you were going through them you had no control of what was happening to your body. In many cases when one is dealing with a psychiatric problem the acting out is the symptom. Sort of wish I could explain it better.

Reaction Score
He is still my favorite Husky. I was wondering how he has been. Wasn’t sure where he was and saddened about what he’s going through. I am glad he got some help and is showing other people that it is out there. Very brave to share his story.

Reaction Score
I wish more people would realize that many times behavior of a criminal nature by a person is a symptom of something that is more of a personality disorder and that the person has no control over what they are doing. As strange as that may sound to some people stop and think of some of the characteristics of a physical illness you may have had. When you were going through them you had no control of what was happening to your body. In many cases when one is dealing with a psychiatric problem the acting out is the symptom. Sort of wish I could explain it better.
I think you did a great job of explaining it! I especially like your comparison to physical illness and how the symptoms sometimes take control. Well done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom