Power | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We got 40 feet of snow 2years ago and 20 last year in a drought. We're not all out west. Just those that don't live up here in the mountains

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I like the four seasons and I think it makes the people tougher and gives them a thicker skin. Would never want to live in California, from my experiences there are a lot of wimpy people out there, also I could never live anywhere, where they consider Domino's good pizza.

Yeah, a lot of wimpy gloaters who don't appreciate how if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger (and more irritable). The ice dams were from the year before, by the way.

When "The Big One" comes and CA breaks off and floats off toward Antarctica, who will be laughing then?

Reaction Score
I kinda wanted to jump on the everything's AOK out west, but I have lot's of family back east. I hope everyone is ok. This is a scary storm.

As for our natural disasters out here, I'll take them all day long. I've lived here almost 30 years and I bet it's at least 10 to 1 CT vs CA for deaths from natural disaster stuff during that time. We get an earthquake once every 20 years that kills a few dozen and some fires that take another maybe 5 or 10 a year. You guys get blizzards that take out dozens every winter, plus tornadoes and hurricanes that just womp you. On top of that, you have to deal with that weather. WTF are you people thinking? There's the bottom 1/3rd of this country that has plenty of space and has such a better climate.

Last year I went to the Rose Bowl and came home with a sunburn on my face. You were dealing with ice damns and snow and oil bills and week plus power outages. It's a crappy place to live. Leave!

Tornadoes and hurricanes are pretty rare but oil bills arent

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I kinda wanted to jump on the everything's AOK out west, but I have lot's of family back east. I hope everyone is ok. This is a scary storm.

As for our natural disasters out here, I'll take them all day long. I've lived here almost 30 years and I bet it's at least 10 to 1 CT vs CA for deaths from natural disaster stuff during that time. We get an earthquake once every 20 years that kills a few dozen and some fires that take another maybe 5 or 10 a year. You guys get blizzards that take out dozens every winter, plus tornadoes and hurricanes that just womp you. On top of that, you have to deal with that weather. WTF are you people thinking? There's the bottom 1/3rd of this country that has plenty of space and has such a better climate.

Last year I went to the Rose Bowl and came home with a sunburn on my face. You were dealing with ice damns and snow and oil bills and week plus power outages. It's a crappy place to live. Leave!
The west is for cowards.

Reaction Score
If your going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair. Luv those old hippie days even though I wasn't one of them. 11:50am in Lisbon Tuesday and we have power , never did lose it. Flicked on and off many times yesterday and thought sooner or later the hammer would fall but never did. All around us are many small towns that have major power loses so we consider ourselves very lucky.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Off in Monroe since dinner time last night. It's going to be a couple of days, at least, from inaction seen so dar

Reaction Score
1. A big HELL YEAH to the line guys. Helluva tough job. I saw three working on the lines up the road from us in the rain, dark sky, raging creek right next to the lineman on the pole. Gave them each a 10$ gift card to a restaurant up the road - have a coffee and burger on me fellas.

2. Every time the power goes out it makes me really, really appreciate that I'm alive at a time, and that I live in a place, where 24/7/365 electricity is the expectation, with an occasional outage. As I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate how good I've had it over the last several decades. And if I ever feel sorry for myself, I take a drive out to Amish country. Nothing quite so eerie as driving down a long country road on a very dark night and house after house after house is an impermeable black, with not a candle lit, and particularly in winter, with no snow or moon, when it's dark like that at 9PM.

Reaction Score

Storrs CT-The safest place to be
" After much debate, then, we settled on Slate's "America's Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster": the area in and around Storrs, Conn., home to the University of Connecticut."

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...2005/09/where_to_hide_from_mother_nature.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom