Reaction Score
475E6B6A-D0AB-4101-9EE2-63270D194BE7.jpeg

ACC
Big 12
Big East
Big Ten
PAC-12
SEC

Mike Aresco can go light himself on fire.

Reaction Score
Here's the sad part... at large bids since 2014:
ACC/SEC/B1G/B12: more than deserved
BE: 26
Pac12: 21
A10: 14
AAC: 13

We're "Power 8".
Don't be silly. The A10 had one really good year where they got 5 at large teams in (2014). They had one team make it out of that first weekend that year, where as the AAC had 2 (and one of them won the title).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Don't be silly. The A10 had one really good year where they got 5 at large teams in (2014). They had one team make it out of that first weekend that year, where as the AAC had 2 (and one of them won the title).

And the AAC had only one at-large in two of those seasons (granted SMU got screwed, but still). And L'ville was in our total for 2014. This is the first year the A10 has had only one at-large.

Fwiw, NCAA records since 2014:
AAC: 11-8
A10: 10-15

I think it's obvious the AAC is already better than the A10 and will continue to put space between the two conference, but past results are results.

Reaction Score
And the AAC had only one at-large in two of those seasons (granted SMU got screwed, but still). And L'ville was in our total for 2014. This is the first year the A10 has had only one at-large.

Fwiw, NCAA records since 2014:
AAC: 11-8
A10: 10-15

I think it's obvious the AAC is already better than the A10 and will continue to put space between the two conference, but past results are results.
I don't disagree with that final statement. I was merely pushing on the P8 statement (which I know was said partially in jest, but still).

Reaction Score
Branding is everything, best thing the catholic schools could of done was kept big east name

Reaction Score
Branding is everything, best thing the catholic schools could of done was kept big east name
Which makes you think if that was the best move long term that Aresco made by selling the “Big East” to the Catholic 7. I know the current AAC schools were desperate for cash at the time, but its ridiculous how last night the narrative was “Villanova is the first school in Big East history to win 3 Big East Tournaments in a row”, and they are talking about the history of the conference going back to 1979, not 2014. The history and records were all part of the package when they sold them the “Big East”. Its almost sickening to watch the Big East Tournament all week and FOX showing the graphics of old BE schools and Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, or Pearl Washington, etc, going into and coming back from every commercial break. Thats an enormous perk that these schools have going for them. Creighton, Xavier, and Butler getting the opportunity to tie in their history with UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, and Notre Dame is just wrong.

Reaction Score
Which makes you think if that was the best move long term that Aresco made by selling the “Big East” to the Catholic 7. I know the current AAC schools were desperate for cash at the time, but its ridiculous how last night the narrative was “Villanova is the first school in Big East history to win 3 Big East Tournaments in a row”, and they are talking about the history of the conference going back to 1979, not 2014. The history and records were all part of the package when they sold them the “Big East”. Its almost sickening to watch the Big East Tournament all week and FOX showing the graphics of old BE schools and Ray Allen, Kemba Walker, or Pearl Washington, etc, going into and coming back from every commercial break. Thats an enormous perk that these schools have going for them. Creighton, Xavier, and Butler getting the opportunity to tie in their history with UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, and Notre Dame is just wrong.

Agreed with your premise. The history makes no sense no more. And adding to it, the Big East is going to fall behind the AAC. Villanova won regular and tournament title and got a 6 seed. That doesn't say much for the Big East. Compare the Big East to the AAC this year:

Houston 3 - Marquette 5
Villanova 6 - Cincinnati 7
UCF 9 - Seton Hall 10
Temple/St Johns last four in.

Pretty much equivalent.

Reaction Score

I love this post. I complained about the same things in a post While ago.

Reaction Score
Since payouts for tourney credits roll on for six years.....the Big East had been getting paid for any credits earned by Louisville in their championship run and semi final run...2013 and 2012.

Those finally rolled off.

Reaction Score
Saw this graphic last night, when 4 of the 7 “non power 6” teams from one conference (who also had more bids than some “power 6” conferences), might want to edit the graphic a little...

Honestly though, was probably just the work of one guy in the studios probably from a big east school, wouldn’t put too much stock into it

Reaction Score
Since payouts for tourney credits roll on for six years.....the Big East had been getting paid for any credits earned by Louisville in their championship run and semi final run...2013 and 2012.

Those finally rolled off.
I think the AAC was getting those credits.

Reaction Score
huh? I thought that the Big East name, records, and tourney credits were inherited by the New BE....could be wrong.

Reaction Score
huh? I thought that the Big East name, records, and tourney credits were inherited by the New BE....could be wrong.
Name and records yes. Exit fee pool and existing credits to the AAC I think, but I also could be wrong. Just going from memory.

Reaction Score
Of the Classic 9 line-up, 5 are still in the Big East: Nova, Johns, GTown, Hall, and Prov.

3 are now ACC: BC, Cuse, Pitt

1 is AAC: UConn

The Big East is primarily a basketball brand and it fit staying with the basketball conference, with 5 from the classic line-up. It was a smart move to take it in the divorce. It wouldn’t have fit as well on the AAC.

Reaction Score
Of the Classic 9 line-up, 5 are still in the Big East: Nova, Johns, GTown, Hall, and Prov.

3 are now ACC: BC, Cuse, Pitt

1 is AAC: UConn

The Big East is primarily a basketball brand and it fit staying with the basketball conference, with 5 from the classic line-up. It was a smart move to take it in the divorce. It wouldn’t have fit as well on the AAC.

Except the Big East was 16 teams when it disbanded.

7 went to the NBE.

4 went to the ACC.

1 went to the Big XII.

1 went to the Big 10.

3 stayed in the AAC.

No conference took a majority of its members.

Reaction Score
Except the Big East was 16 teams when it disbanded.

Except the C-USA schools and USF don't have the same connection to the Big East heritage as the 80s line-up.

Rutgers, Pitt, Ville, Cuse, WV… were already announced as leaving before the C7 and Remnants split.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom