Potentially dumb question re: recruiting | The Boneyard

Potentially dumb question re: recruiting

Reaction Score
I might get panned for this regarding recruiting.

With all the transfers now the initial wave of reports mention that X player has heard from a list of schools.

What does that mean exactly? Because I know all those schools aren’t offering scholarships.

Is it just the school letting the player know they have some interest?

Reaction Score
Could mean either really. If they have "reached out" I am generally looking at that as the coaching staff inquiring about the possibility of said player transferring to the school. With the whole coronavirus thing a lot of coaches are having virtual recruiting pitches and facility tours through video conferencing apps such as Zoom. Most of the time you will see follow up information saying "X School has offered said transfer" if it gets to that point. Hope this helps!

Reaction Score
I might get panned for this regarding recruiting.

With all the transfers now the initial wave of reports mention that X player has heard from a list of schools.

What does that mean exactly? Because I know all those schools aren’t offering scholarships.

Is it just the school letting the player know they have some interest?
Yeah pretty much it's just whatever coach reaching out and seeing if there's mutual interest. Right now it's probably a combination of reporters, coaches and players all having nothing else to do, but there's lots of reaching out

Reaction Score
When a player enters the portal is his contact information listed for the coaches to contact him?

Reaction Score
When a player enters the portal is his contact information listed for the coaches to contact him?

Players can provide an email address and a phone number where any interested coaches can contact them. Or players can decide not to provide contact information and reach out to the schools they are interested in attending (some don’t want to relive the recruiting circus process again and know where they want to go).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom