Potential new conference | The Boneyard

Potential new conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bet you're all as shocked as I am that Tulane didn't save the conference!

Someone earlier started a thread asking what the worst case scenario is - with the basketball-only schools apparently deciding to dissolve the Big East, I think (no, pray) we've finally reached that point.

If there is a silver lining - there's not, but I'm trying to be half-full here - it may give some of the leftovers a chance to reboot. duck* Boise and duck* San Diego State. They have some good athletics and all, but the idea of UConn being in the same conference as them is beyond ridiculous. Tulane can duck* off, too.

Maybe now the remaining football schools can scrape together some semblance of a competent conference:

UConn
UMass (unfortunately not a joke)
Temple
ECU
Memphis
UCF
USF
Cincinnati
SMU
Houston

Don't get me wrong - that conference is one giant, steamy, rancid turd. Like, probably the nastiest, rancidest, steamiest turd you've ever seen. But maybe it has enough juice to keep UConn afloat for a little while.

I need a drink.

Reaction Score
Why would the Catholic schools not let us join their league?

Why would CUSA 2.0 not let us join for football only?

Reaction Score
Why would the Catholic schools not let us join their league?

Why would CUSA 2.0 not let us join for football only?

Let's hope we have a place to land soon so we don't have to go through this exercise. I don't blame the Catholics for bailing, but we still need a home now.

Reaction Score
OK, there's #10.

On the bright side, thole Conference (that's what I'm naming it) still might have better football than the ACC.

The football might not be so bad lol. You got decent rivalry pairs.

UCONN/UMASS (throwing up)
ECU/Temple
UCF/USF
Cincy/Memphis
SMU/Houston

How the hell did we end up in this cluster duckk? We just don't belong here. At this point, we might as well hit up teams like Buffalo to join if we need more members.

We still think BE's (with or without UCONN) best bet is to create a true eastern and western all sports conference. The national football conference idea is still a good one in the long term. Aresco just needs to get all the pieces together and get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom