Potential nBE Basketball Tournament Sites | The Boneyard

Potential nBE Basketball Tournament Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This is an issue that will come up.

Unless, by some miracle, they keep MSG, where does it go? Memphis? Philadelphia? Dallas?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/no_winner_in_name_game_BEN2zMtdOxZqMmA5Ph1NzN

"The Group of Seven may be forced to make a quick decision, because it’s crucial for them to keep their league championship tournament at the Garden. Several college basketball sources told The Post the Garden has no interest in a league headlined by UConn and Cincinnati. The Garden is very interested in keeping the Group of Seven league."

Reaction Score
If not New York I would pick Tampa or Orlando, always a good winter destination. It's gotta be a place people would want to travel to for reasons other than basketball. Tie it in with spring break.

Reaction Score
Ouch.

Rotate it around, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa.

This is crazy, football was upgraded to protect basketball. How ironic.

Reaction Score
Geez, do NOLA every year, how could that be bad?

Ouch.

Rotate it around, New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Tampa.

This is crazy, football was upgraded to protect basketball. How ironic.

Reaction Score
Geez, do NOLA every year, how could that be bad?

I guess you like New Orleans. I like it, but I guess I am not crazy about it, but then again, I'm not crazy about any of those places.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Rotate it like the big east did pre MSG Exclusivity. Year one at the shathole XL, then rotate. Get us out to B1G before year 2.....

Reaction Score
You honestly think one Uconn fan will travel to NOLA knowing they will have to spend $ to attend NCAA tourney games the following week?

Well, the tournament is not going to be in Hartford every year. It's not going to be in MSG. What is your grand idea?

I think we take a look at Brooklyn. Everything should be on the table.

Reaction Score
But they would travel to Houston or Memphis??

Yes, do NOLA. Top 2-3 party city in country and you can plan in advance.

You honestly think one Uconn fan will travel to NOLA knowing they will have to spend $ to attend NCAA tourney games the following week?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
But they would travel to Houston or Memphis??

Yes, do NOLA. Top 2-3 party city in country and you can plan in advance.
No. That's why this is such a sucker punch to the nuts. I don't think anyone will travel anywhere to watch this flaming pile of horse dung.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Well, the tournament is not going to be in Hartford every year. It's not going to be in MSG. What is your grand idea?

I think we take a look at Brooklyn. Everything should be on the table.
There are none. Hence, my unending disgust and sadness with our current fate.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
New Orleans is the most overrated city in the country.

They would be well served to hold the tourney in Hartford. At least they'd sell some tickets.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It's surprising how much heartburn so many here endure worrying about the composition of the NBE, it's TV contract, its tourney sites, etc.

Who cares?

Connecticut won't spend more than a year, maybe two, or if we're really unlucky, three seasons, competing in it.

Instead of wallowing in your collective self pity and getting off on your pessimism, relax, sit back and enjoy watching Ollie stamp his DNA on the program, and/or the upcoming QB controversies and a new offense.

The Fishy/Nelson/whaler/zcoug "we have no hope of leaving this dumpster fire" mantra has taken on cult-like status on this board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's surprising how much heartburn so many here endure worrying about the composition of the NBE, it's TV contract, its tourney sites, etc.

Who cares?

Connecticut won't spend more than a year, maybe two, or if we're really unlucky, three seasons, competing in it.

Instead of wallowing in your collective self pity and getting off on your pessimism, relax, sit back and enjoy watching Ollie stamp his DNA on the program, and/or the upcoming QB controversies and a new offense.

The Fishy/Nelson/whaler/zcoug "we have no hope of leaving this dumpster fire" mantra has taken on cult-like status on this board.

Seriously if you are going to post what my opinion is try and get it right.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Who cares?

Who cares? Anyone who loves UCONN athletics. Until we get an invite to another conference this is our lot and it sucks dog c cock. I was on your side before cuse; Pitt and ville got their golden tickets instead of us. Now I'm numb and confused.

zls44

Reaction Score
The Barclays has no interest in the nBE.

Reaction Score
You're misremembering my position. Just because I don't believe Herbst is sitting on a B1G invite doesn't mean that I don't think we won't be in a new conference.

But for the time being, it doesn't look like we are going anywhere anytime soon.

Who cares?

zls44

Reaction Score
I am going to start calling you Emo ZLS again.

Read the article- B1G is all over that, and the A10 already has a contract there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if the new league could get "creative" with it, and maybe do something like giving the regular season winner the home court in the conference tourney. Talk about extra incentive to win the league! I know that it would cause problems though, since I'm not sure if there will be enough time in between end of season and tourney in order to prepare for hotel trips, airfare, etc. Perhaps they could hold the site at the winner of the previous year, in order to avoid all of that. Win the regular season, host the tourney next year....sounds good to me...

Reaction Score
Read the article- B1G is all over that, and the A10 already has a contract there.

What happens when th A 10 loses the schools that matter to the C7?

I thought C7 was going to hold their tournament in secret and release a puff of smoke when the winner was determined.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Seriously if you are going to post what my opinion is try and get it right.

I thought I recalled you saying B1G has no interest in Connecticut and that UVA, UNC and FSU won't leave ACC. My bad if I misremembered.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just have highest seeds host their own games throughout the tourny. Championship game is at highest remaing seeds court. The idea of a neutral location for a league no one wants is idiotic and a money pit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
The Barclays has no interest in the nBE.
How the hell do you know every possible outlet/entity that isn't interested in the Big East? Who do you talk to that confirms all this for you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104