Potential Grad Transfers | The Boneyard

Potential Grad Transfers

Reaction Score
Grad Transfers, updated in January. I know we've discussed Towns (he's awesome) but what about Tape. He's a big boy and crushing it. Have we heard anything about him?

Reaction Score
Best case scenario is if and when Gilbert leaves, we have a scholly for a real center and land one. This in theory would push Josh or Whaley out and open up a scholly for a grad transfer. WIll not speculate on transfers because I am a good boy.

Reaction Score
I just watched Jordan Bruner from Yale play in person on Saturday and that's a kid I would love to have at UConn next year, unlikely as it may be. 6'9" shotblocking PF, averaging a near double-double, and shooting 37% from three. He also runs the break and averages about 4 assists a game. I saw him put up a near triple double, 11 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists. His team is better than UConn and he has put up legit numbers on the road against P5 teams.

He had to sit a year and due to Ivy League rules, he is forced to grad transfer next year, ala Shonn Miller.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I just watched Jordan Bruner from Yale play in person on Saturday and that's a kid I would love to have at UConn next year, unlikely as it may be. 6'9" shotblocking PF, averaging a near double-double, and shooting 37% from three. He also runs the break and averages about 4 assists a game. I saw him put up a near triple double, 11 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists. His team is better than UConn and he has put up legit numbers on the road against P5 teams.

He had to sit a year and due to Ivy League rules, he is forced to grad transfer next year, ala Shonn Miller.
This should be our backup plan for Cliff and Sanogo, well rounded guy who would likely hold down one of the big spots while J B F develops for a year.

Reaction Score
Best case scenario is if and when Gilbert leaves, we have a scholly for a real center and land one. This in theory would push Josh or Whaley out and open up a scholly for a grad transfer. WIll not speculate on transfers because I am a good boy.
Think a big and a shooter are the agenda.

Reaction Score
Recruiting a big and getting a sharpshooting transfer would be my idea. I think it would be a lot easier for a guard to come in and shoot the ball to contribute to a young team than a big can.

If we get a sharpshooting big man, I'd be all for that too!

Reaction Score
but what about Tape. He's a big boy and crushing it. Have we heard anything about him?
Per Rothstein, Tape has already visited Syracuse and has visits lined up with Maryland, Ohio State and USC, in that order.

FWIW, there's a recent USC-Columbia connection with Quinton Adlesh playing this year as a grad transfer.

Overall, USC looks like a great landing spot for grad transfers. With Okongwu likely going to the NBA and two other starters graduating, on my count there's only eight scholarships taken up for 20/21 and they will have an interesting team lined up with the Mobley brothers leading the team's frontcourt and Ethan Anderson surprising by taking over the team's PG role after being an under-recruited freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom