Postgame presser? | The Boneyard

Postgame presser?

Reaction Score
Looked on facebook, twitter, youtube and UCTV. Could NOT find it.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Love Hurley but what does he expect the fans to say when a kid shooting 19% on the year is the one taking all the meaningful shots? Of course the fans are going to be upset.

There’s a big difference between fans being upset about how a player is performing vs. calling a player trash on social media and directly tagging said player.. that’s a complete garbage move and I for one support Hurley sticking up for his guys

Reaction Score
I could not watch this; it would not play. Anybody?
It played for me. It was mostly Hurley going off on the fans and their treatment of Gilbert. I wish he made a point of differentiating between fans on a message board being critical of his play and losers personally messaging Gilbert on Twitter to criticize his play and attack him.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It played for me. It was mostly Hurley going off on the fans and their treatment of Gilbert. I wish he made a point of differentiating between fans on a message board being critical of his play and losers personally messaging Gilbert on Twitter to criticize his play and attack him.
He's being odd and overly sensitive about the whole thing. He also couldn't bring himself to really complement Bouk at the half and seemed annoyed everyone (including the interviewer) has noticed he is the best player on the team.

Reaction Score
If I was playing at that level I would be off social media for that reason.
But I also understand the social pressure to have it.

Reaction Score
He's being odd and overly sensitive about the whole thing. He also couldn't bring himself to really complement Bouk at the half and seemed annoyed everyone (including the interviewer) has noticed he is the best player on the team.
You're out of your mind if you think he didn't compliment bouk at the half. He basically came out and said he's the only one that can go get a bucket at will.

Reaction Score
Exactly. People tagging Al on social media is just wrong but I think DH is out of line overall with these comments. He basically said fans who watch 30 games at home don’t know about winning a championship and insulted the average fan. Maybe he was so sensitive because he allowed AG to keep taking bad shots down the stretch vs Xavier and he was partly to blame as well. I’m extremely happy to have him running this program, just think he should change his tact.

Reaction Score
I agree that Hurley should have been specific about people personally attacking AG. There's no place for that. With that said, AG played poorly vs Xavier. That's on him and Hurley. Fair criticism is fair.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I have no problem with what he said. I'm glad we have a coach a who has the kids backs. I think sometime people forget that these are kids, well young men really, and they are aware of what it is said. It's fine to criticize but some on the board were over the top. I don't know if DH was talking about them or some twitter guys but the point remains the same regardless. JMO.

C

Chief00

I have no problem with what he said. I'm glad we have a coach a who has the kids backs. I think sometime people forget that these are kids, well young men really, and they are aware of what it is said. It's fine to criticize but some on the board were over the top. I don't know if DH was talking about them or some twitter guys but the point remains the same regardless. JMO.
Exactly, and Chief got attacked by the usual dislike UConn posse for “suggesting” AG was a “great kid” and how that was important to the team. The players see that foolish Dislike tee shirt and Danny’s saying, as Chief predicted he would before I heard the tape, how insulting that attitude is to the team.

Chief has constructively criticized AG for his shot selection And volume, at times, and it’s good to see the 7 assists today - but Danny is right of course. AG is our leader and part of the winning culture we need. Chief in the Briefs thread talked about how much Jim Calhoun loves the kid and how much that means in Chief’s evaluation. When both Jim and Danny come to the same conclusion about a kid that counts for a lot.

Then these dudes wonder why Chief gets the recruiting scoops and they don’t - At the end, hate never wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I just watched the presser and I have no problem at all with what he said.I would be proud to play for him. We fans have absolutely no idea how hard these guys work and what it takes to have a winning program. If Al is the unquestioned leader I will not question that. I bleed blue.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Exactly, and Chief got attacked by the usual dislike UConn posse for “suggesting” AG was a “great kid” and how that was important to the team. The players see that foolish Dislike tee shirt and Danny’s saying, as Chief predicted he would before I heard the tape, how insulting that attitude is to the team.

Chief has constructively criticized AG for his shot selection And volume, at times, and it’s good to see the 7 assists today - but Danny is right of course. AG is our leader and part of the winning culture we need. Chief in the Briefs thread talked about how much Jim Calhoun loves the kid and how much that means in Chief’s evaluation. When both Jim and Danny come to the same conclusion about a kid that counts for a lot.

Then these dudes wonder why Chief gets the recruiting scoops and they don’t - At the end, hate never wins.
What does the dislike t-shirt have to do with Alterique?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

If Danny and the players were focusing on BB and not the Dislike tee shirts UConn could be 5-1. Cmon guys!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom