POSTGAME COVERAGE: Preferred Walk-on WR Mason Donaldson | The Boneyard

POSTGAME COVERAGE: Preferred Walk-on WR Mason Donaldson

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Dixon (who has to catch the ball) and Skanes look talented but are a bit small. Its nice to have another guy who is a big target with a big catching radius.

Going back to the Geremy Davis comparison - one of the things that Davis was great at was catching the ball. If it was in his area, he seemed like he came down with it. If Donaldson can catch like Davis, he will be on the field alot over the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
Dixon is at least 6'2"
But he does "play small" and looks tentative still running the jet sweeps. Hoping he cuts it loose because you could see he has ability.

Reaction Score
No need to start a separate thread:

>>With Donaldson finishing with 106 receiving yards and true freshman Kevin Mensah rushing for 107 yards, they became the first set of freshmen on an FBS team to record a 100-yard rushing and receiving game this season. <<

>>Mensah was a late add to the group of incoming freshmen but Donaldson's story might be even more remarkable.

He heard from some FBS programs but none were willing to offer him a scholarship. UConn looked at him as a recruited walk-on where he will get the chance to earn a scholarship."That kind of helps drive me because every day I have do the best for me and my family," Donaldson said. "It really drives me to push myself. Some (I-)AA schools, a couple FBS schools (recruited him). The previous staff was the only one at this level that gave me a chance, I am so blessed they gave me that opportunity."<<

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Awesome job, Saturday. Tough kid. Too bad the W wasn't there for all his hard work.

And he looks and sounds like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Awesome job, Saturday. Tough kid. Too bad the W wasn't there for all his hard work.

And he looks and sounds like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
But he does "play small" and looks tentative still running the jet sweeps. Hoping he cuts it loose because you could see he has ability.

I believe he is going to get better and better each week. Dixon is a player!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom