post-season | The Boneyard

post-season

Reaction Score
If there is a semblance of a season with only conference play and Uconn goes unbeaten; they woud have no quality wins. Would they be a 2 seed or even heaven forbid a 3 seed due to a lower RPI or whatever criteria would be used to determine such things?

Reaction Score
I suspect they will be even OK with a 16th seed if it means that there are a season and a post-season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would just like to have a regular season, any regular season. If WBB actually gets to a post season I will consider it icing on the cake.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Rick And Morty Beth GIF - RickAndMorty Beth Nervous GIFs

Reaction Score
Would any team really want to face UConn in the post season for the first time all season?

Reaction Score
If there is a semblance of a season with only conference play and Uconn goes unbeaten; they woud have no quality wins. Would they be a 2 seed or even heaven forbid a 3 seed due to a lower RPI or whatever criteria would be used to determine such things?

No quality wins. This is no longer the AAC. What about DePaul and Marquette? Seven of the teams were at least 11-7.

Reaction Score
No quality wins. This is no longer the AAC. What about DePaul and Marquette? Seven of the teams were at least 11-7.
DePaul and Marquette? Lol...Whatever you are smoking can I have some? Pretty Please?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
DePaul and Marquette? Lol...Whatever you are smoking can I have some? Pretty Please?
If I remember correctly that when it was announced that UConn was moving from the AAC to the BE, that ESPN estimated that it would move the BE conference in WBB from 6th to 4th. Ahead of both the B1G and Big 12 Conferences. The AAC would have dropped one from 7th to 8th.

Reaction Score

What quality wins will Baylor have? And like you I mean elite level wins.

Same for Maryland. The B1G had several teams in the 15-25 rankings but you don't seem to think that teams at DePaul/Marquette level are "quality teams" right?

In the SEC there were exactly 2 quality teams. And one of them lost it's coach.

The ACC? Once you get past S Car. & Louisville & maybe NCSt the "quality" diminished rapidly last season.

The only conference with real quality depth was the PAC12, and I said "was" since some of those teams lost a lot to graduation and we will have to see if they can keep that level of quality for a second season.

Looks like someone has their own smoking material and it smells like the P5-worship strain. :rolleyes:

Besides, the RPI has gone bye bye and the new system doesn't favor the P5 teams as much as the RPI.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What quality wins will Baylor have? And like you I mean elite level wins.

Same for Maryland. The B1G had several teams in the 15-25 rankings but you don't seem to think that teams at DePaul/Marquette level are "quality teams" right?

In the SEC there were exactly 2 quality teams. And one of them lost it's coach.

The ACC? Once you get past S Car. & Louisville & maybe NCSt the "quality" diminished rapidly last season.

The only conference with real quality depth was the PAC12, and I said "was" since some of those teams lost a lot to graduation and we will have to see if they can keep that level of quality for a second season.

Looks like someone has their own smoking material and it smells like the P5-worship strain. :rolleyes:

Besides, the RPI has gone bye bye and the new system doesn't favor the P5 teams as much as the RPI.
I do not know who you meant to say in the ACC, but South Carolina is not one of them.;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, it only took until August 12 for us to get a head start on fretting about our seeding in a hypothetical tournament for a hypothetical season based on a multitude of hypothetical assumptions.

Reaction Score
I do not know who you meant to say in the ACC, but South Carolina is not one of them.;)

LOL Brain fart. S Car is too good to be in the SEC. And I believe that way back they were an ACC team.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
LOL Brain fart. S Car is too good to be in the SEC. And I believe that way back they were an ACC team.
Yes they were, but they left back in 1971 so that is one heck of a brain fart. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yes they were, but they left back in 1971 so that is one heck of a brain fart. :rolleyes:

I drove to Fla in 70 or 71 for spring break while the ACC tournament was running and games were on the radio. Since only one ACC team made the NCAA's the conference tournaments (except the PAC10) were intense.

Reaction Score
South Carolina left the ACC (my first year at Duke..god I'm old). IIRC they didn't like being beaten so often by UNC et al in the aforeementioned acc tourney.[

Reaction Score
As much as I love womens basketball, I don't know if I would favor an abreviated season with a threat of having to be canceled midway. I think it might actually be better to just skip the season entirely and start fresh next season. It would really be a problem for Sr who had some inclination to make it in professional basketball. Their Sr season is really important in respect to the draft and even the amount of money they would get playing overseas. If they begin play and then have to stop mid season it would create multiple problems. I just don't know if an abreviated season, at best, is worth the gamble for the problems it might create.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
(except the PAC10)

Hey now, just cuz UCLA was the best team in the country for a decade straight doesn't mean there weren't any other good teams. :rolleyes: That was a bit before my time, but I think I've heard reference to some strong USC teams, maybe there were some others.

Reaction Score
Hey now, just cuz UCLA was the best team in the country for a decade straight doesn't mean there weren't any other good teams. :rolleyes: That was a bit before my time, but I think I've heard reference to some strong USC teams, maybe there were some others.

Really? I can't think of even one western team other than UCLA to make the FF back then. There had to be one, it just eludes me.

Reaction Score
Well during that era teams played in regionals based on their location not seeding. Only the conference winners went to the regionals. USC did have really good teams but they were always second to UCLA so never even were invited to the regionals. There were multiple years were USC gave UCLA their most difficult games, and were considered by many as the second best team in the country, but they never even could get out of their own conference.

It's much like when Sven Nater became a starting Center in the NBA after spending his entire college career as a back up for Bill Walton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom