Post Season BE Honors | The Boneyard

Post Season BE Honors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse has 2 first team OLmen and a first team RB..............WTF!

Reaction Score
That front Four of Derek Wolfe, Kendall Reyes, Chandler Jones and Bruce Irvin. would be soooooo freaking nasty. It's got to be the Big East's best D-line year in a long time, right?

Reaction Score
It's an absolute joke that they named 3 first team RB's and none of them are Lyle McCombs. Ray Graham made first team for Pete's sake.

Reaction Score
It's an absolute joke that they named 3 first team RB's and none of them are Lyle McCombs. Ray Graham made first team for Pete's sake.

Anybody hear of a RB named Antwan Bailey this season, me either!
Well, he made first team BE, this conference is a joke!

Reaction Score
The way I look at it, nine (9) Huskies were All BE. But you know me, positive Pollyanna always looking on the bright side for the half-full glass.

Reaction Score
Syracuse has 2 first team OLmen and a first team RB..............WTF!
Agreed with your assessment of the validity of the voting.

The honors are nice for the players, but the political nature and/or lack of true evaluation that goes into those (and almost all) awards is crazy. Todman not even being a FINALIST for the Doak Walker award when he was 2nd in the nation in rushing; 2007 Co-BE football champs UCONN....I think it's logical to think if a team wins a league title they probably have, if not the best players, at least their fair share. The fewer great players they have, well then their coach must have done a great job with lesser talent, right? So how did awards go for our team in 2007? Fewest All-BE performers in the league, and somehow our coach didn't get COY either. Bizarre.

The great thing is though-we were still conference champs that year. Despite being shunned at the awards ceremony.

Reaction Score
So McCombs is 2nd team All Big-East as a Freshmen yet somehow Bridgewater wins Rookie of the Year not being ABE....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom