POst games thoughts on UCONN and Cal | The Boneyard

POst games thoughts on UCONN and Cal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As we were walking out of the Garden, we met a CAL couple who were staying at the Marriott and so we walked back and had a fun conversation about the game. Neither of them ever saw UCONN in person and came away quite impressed. IMO, UCONN played a poor game with too many unforced errors. Cal played very hard the entire game and UCONN could not wait for a bus, taxi and Mom and dad to drive them home for Christmas.

I said this earlier this morning, travel days before holidays or exams are tough unless your need to win the game. Stewart was off the charts, Tuck was right back to where we need her, Bria was average and so was KML
Stef had a subpar game for her. CAL was really tough on Stef in the post and we were sitting to the left of the UCONN bench right behind the basket......I like that Boyd kid, she is tough and very quick. Cal will shoot from anywhere over half court........Poor discipline on both offense and defense.........This team deserves a few days to hang low with family and friends.....Merry Christmas!!

Once UCONN got into a rhythm, CAL was in the rear view window for the rest of the game. I was disappointed by the crowd size.......NYC was alive this weekend.......Well, 1 more night, we are off to Ruth Chris's for dinner at 8.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Name dropper...Ruth Chris. Use to have frequent day trips for business to NYC. Every once in a while had to stay over and would venture to Ruth more often than not. Wife was in Phoenix couple of weeks ago and ventured to Ruth Chris there. She couldn't get over the $9 baked potato! And yes, the kids wanted to scram for Christmas.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Ahem... Lots of good steak houses in NYC... Near the Garden there is Keens.... A real old and very good one...

Ruth Chris is good for a chain, unless you are in NYC where lots of other options are available...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The best steak house option I have found in Manhattan is Sir Scott's Oasis. Excellence in all cuts and the prime rib is superb. That's Manhattan, MT... pop. 1879.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
With a gazillion great restaurants in NYC you go to Ruth's Chris? To each his own....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom