Post-game tweets by Jim Fuller | The Boneyard

Post-game tweets by Jim Fuller

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A&M coach Gary Blair on #UConn: "The key to their team is Dolson. She was All-American tonight and made our kids look like All-District."

Texas A&M coach Gary Blair said he was approached about playing #UConn in 2013 Maggie Dixon Classic but turned it down.

Blair said he will play St. John's at MSG on Dec. 22, 2013 with opponent to play #UConn to be announced

More from Gary Blair on #UConn: "His first six or seven (players) are as good as anybody's in the country."

Geno Auriemma on soph. Kiah Stokes (7 rebounds, 3 blocks): "Kiah Stokes was great today, golly, there are miracles."

More from Geno on Kiah Stokes: "Today, I would say was her best effort since October 15."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma on soph. Kiah Stokes (7 rebounds, 3 blocks): "Kiah Stokes was great today, golly, there are miracles."

More from Geno on Kiah Stokes: "Today, I would say was her best effort since October 15."
I agree. I thought she had a really good game today.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I agree. I thought she had a really good game today.
She was very strong today on the boards and defensively. Becoming a force in those two aspects. Other "solids" today were MoJeff and Banks.

Once Bria comes back, I don't see how Geno can get the regular rotation below 10, just too many good players.

Reaction Score
... Once Bria comes back, I don't see how Geno can get the regular rotation below 10, just too many good players.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Signed,
the recruiting staffs of the other 340 Division I teams.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Yeah, Geno had quite a few compliments--both real ones and sarcastic ones--for Kiah in the post-game presser! Mostly the 'eye-roll' kind of compliments having to do with how good she can be when she plays with some real fire.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Regarding Kiah, it is disappointing to hear that her motivation problems have persisted into her sophomore year, and into the first month of official practices. He did say that she had seemed to be working harder during the past week. Stef made some comment to the effect that she dove for a ball on the floor today, something that she hasn't done enough in the past.

I continue to believe (and Geno may agree with this) that Kiah could be as good or better than Stef if she were equally motivated. Hopefully (as with Tina Charles) this is just an issue of maturity and she will eventually see that it will be unsatisfying if she coasts through her college career on cruise control, using her talent but not making the best of it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Kiah's problems (the kind between your ears) may be somewhat different from last season
I do not desire to lay out a dime-store analysis, for public scorn, but have a very clear sense of what the problem might be.

But if Geno can succeed in turning this kid into the killer we all know she can be, then an essential piece of the puzzle the
"enforcer" role can be ceded to her and make the whole yet more unstoppable.

Reaction Score
A&M coach Gary Blair on #UConn: "The key to their team is Dolson. She was All-American tonight and made our kids look like All-District."

Bone was a preseason selection as one of the top centers in the WCBB...this was Dolson's rebuttal...well stated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom