Post Game Thoughts | The Boneyard

Post Game Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not impressed at all with this game. This team is not ready to win a championship not even close. They are horrific rebounding and terrible defending defending the perimeter this year. They also need Boatright was great as I thought he would be and he was fantastic. He definitely should be starting because UCONN was in trouble again i this game before he entered the game. Lamb again was passive even though he was solid and shot a high field goal percentage. Napier made some shots but he was not good today at all. Young was killing him throughout the game and Napier could not stay in front of him. Drummond was awful today. He needs to improve alot if UConn wants to win championship. Oriakhi played hard today, but is post game was cringe worthy again. Orikahi and Drummond need to rebound much better as does the whole UConn team. Giffey was good and defended well when he was on the floor. Roscoe was a zero today.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I am not impressed at all with this game. This team is not ready to win a championship not even close. They are horrific rebounding and terrible defending defending the perimeter this year. They also need Boatright was great as I thought he would be and he was fantastic. He definitely should be starting because UCONN was in trouble again i this game before he entered the game. Lamb again was passive even though he was solid and shot a high field goal percentage. Napier made some shots but he was not good today at all. Young was killing him throughout the game and Napier could not stay in front of him. Drummond was awful today. He needs to improve alot if UConn wants to win championship. Oriakhi played hard today, but is post game was cringe worthy again. Orikahi and Drummond need to rebound much better as does the whole UConn team. Giffey was good and defended well when he was on the floor. Roscoe was a zero today.
This is that MarkT character again. Don't bother to respond to it.

Reaction Score
I agree with all those points.[/quote

Thanks Drame. I can't believe people think im trying to cause problems here. I am stating my opinion which is based on facts. I would like to hear what everyone thinks and what they got out of this game?

Reaction Score
This team will be fine once the people know their roles. The guards as a whole are carrying the team. The bigs I'm sure will get better and RB is the man. If he becomes the leader of the team which might happen we might go far. JL is too passive of a player to take charge. I know Calhoun likes to isolate him a lot at the top of the key but he always settles for a fade away. I like to see more killer instinct from him.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a good game, we haven't played a complete game yet but we're on our way to doing so.

C

Chief00

A National Championship always brings out the worst band wagon fans the next year. They will be fine.

Reaction Score
just got home from the game, actually quite impressed. Arkansas is a very good squad , lots of speed and good athletes. not sure what you are bitchin about, other than the first 5 minutes they had a good team at arms lenghth all game.

Reaction Score

There is a difference between opinion and going on a post game rant. Every game/win is a building block towards our ultimate goal. We will probably lose 4 or 5 more times this season, maybe more... it does not matter. All that matters is that when the BE Tourney rolls around and Selection Sunday we are where we want to be as a team.

Do you realize that we are not playing particularly well and STILL winning by 10+ points. You need to relax. In 2009 we beat Buffalo by 3, lost to a NIT Georgetown team by 15 at HOME. Both games early in the season and both times everyone freaked out. We responded with like 8 straight wins and a #1 ranking in the country.

Reaction Score
Bazz was pretty damn good and anyone who saw anything else needs to check their glasses or get thier head examined. Lamb was in foul trouble or else he was really solid also and the Boat?..............he's pretty sepcial thus far!

Reaction Score
lamb looks too tentative, needs to work on being more aggressive. The rest of the team played well today, need to get daniels going and drummond needs to find some kind of consistency

Reaction Score
i wonder what would have happened if they had their leading scorer/rebounder on the team...they already outrebounded us...but arkansas would have been a very scary team if that kid didnt get hurt

caw

Reaction Score
Anyone else kind of surprised on the amount of 3's Lamb and Shabazz are taking?

I'm not complaining at the least because both are shooting pretty good percentages, but 1/2 of both Lamb (37%) and Napier's (42%) shots have been from 3.

Both have shot very well from 2, Lamb at (64%) Napier at (57%).

Boat has started off well also at 50% from 3 and near 70% so far from 2.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anyone else kind of surprised on the amount of 3's Lamb and Shabazz are taking?

I'm not complaining at the least because both are shooting pretty good percentages, but 1/2 of both Lamb (37%) and Napier's (42%) shots have been from 3.

Both have shot very well from 2, Lamb at (64%) Napier at (57%).

Boat has started off well also at 50% from 3 and near 70% so far from 2.
While they may have taken a lot of threes in previous games, I'm sure not that today's game is the time to make it a point. Between the two of them, they took 5 and made 3. Pretty proficient and judicious use of the three if you ask me. They took 15 shots combined so 1/3 of their shots were threes. The entire team is still trying to find their places. I can't complain about any of the guards at this point.

Reaction Score
I dont know. Im not really worried about this team. At the same time i cant blame the people who are. I think that a lot of fans were expecting this team to dominate from start to finish. So far that has not been the case. Right now i dont think anybody knows what this team is yet, not even Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Let me explain for those of you that think this is a real conversation. There are " trolls" who pretend to be UCONN fans but they are really 17 year old Quse fans that have never kissed a women.

Do not respond to these tools- post your own threads- feeding trolls only gives them the false hope that one they they might really get laid in the real world.

Haters gonna hate.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game, but from the box score it appears that we actually played good defense against everyone but Young. Arkansas' shot 31% overall (without Young 25%), and 36% on 3's (19% w/out Young). Was Young getting easy baskets, hitting incredible shots? It rebounding looks to be the culprit that kept the game close. They corralled close to 40% of the rebounds at our end while we only managed to grab 4 out of 21 of our misses at their end. That's got to be unacceptable to JC, guess who will be concentrating on the dreaded rebounding drills?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Bazz was pretty damn good and anyone who saw anything else needs to check their glasses or get thier head examined. Lamb was in foul trouble or else he was really solid also and the Boat?..............he's pretty sepcial thus far!

I thought it was good that Bazz took what was available yesterday and didn't force the issue by trying to take bad shots. Later in the game, he stepped up and made big baskets when the lead was shrinking and kept Ark. at bay. My one wish for Shabazz is that he would work on staying in front of his man on D. Overall, he has exceeded my highest expectations with his overall maturity and decision-making. He was carrying a big burden against teams doing a lot of pressuring and he was playing the whole game to boot. Now, with Boat, some of the ball-handling load is spread out.

Reaction Score
Let me explain for those of you that think this is a real conversation. There are " trolls" who pretend to be UCONN fans but they are really 17 year old Quse fans that have never kissed a women.

Do not respond to these tools- post your own threads- feeding trolls only gives them the false hope that one they they might really get laid in the real world.

Haters gonna hate.

I can't wait for the 17 year old Pitt fans who've never kissed a woman to post~!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The week of practice that we had in advance of this game was clearly put to good use.

We have almost another full week of practice in advance of Harvard. I anticipate that it, too, will be put to good use.

We have one Junior on the team, a flock of Sophomores, and a handfull of Freshmen...

I am so not ready to declare this team to be any kind of disaster, let alone problem.

Reaction Score

No true fan responds to one game in this way...TROLL ALERT...

Reaction Score
Talking to a casual BB fan and he was saying how much experience we have with all the juniors and seniors and some casual fans don't understand how young we still are . Actually very young and when i told him we start 2 frosh and 2 or 3 soph's and maybe a junior he was like really and you guys won a NCchampionship last year with those soph's being freshman last year. Wow! The announcers were talking about how young Arkansas is at one pt and mentioned there were 3 frosh on the court and hello we at the time also had 3. Point being because we won a championship last year most people think we are older than we are.Passing judgement and making outlandish statements after only 7 games is crazy. We will jell in due time and be playing on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom