Post game thoughts | The Boneyard

Post game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  • How does Giffey play as big a role as he did tonight and never get to the free throw line?
  • Speaking of the FT line, when was the last time Bazz went 1 for 4?
  • Katz interviewing Giffey -- Neils looked like he was trying to figure out why then hell anyone would ask such stupid questions.
  • LK's been in a bit of a slump of late. We'll need the mid-season LK before this tourney's over.
  • KO's use of time outs was masterful tonight.
  • Speaking of KO doing things right -- Using Neils at the 5 after Nolan and Brimah fouled out was great. He actually controlled the boards for that short stint.
  • The run in the 1st half that put the double digit spread into the score came with TSam on the floor.
  • We ended up tied for rebounds.
  • I was satisfied with DD's play. Not spectacular, but he did his job a lot better than he has been of late.
  • In the end, it didn't matter tonight, but how many games officiated like that can we survive?

Reaction Score
Well giffey shoots 90% 3 pt buckets so he will never get to the line

Reaction Score

• [ ]How does Giffey play as big a role as he did tonight and never get to the free throw line?
    [ ]Speaking of the FT line, when was the last time Bazz went 1 for 4?
    [ ]Katz interviewing Giffey -- Neils looked like he was trying to figure out why then hell anyone would ask such stupid questions.
    [ ]LK's been in a bit of a slump of late. We'll need the mid-season LK before this tourney's over.
    [ ]KO's use of time outs was masterful tonight.
    [ ]Speaking of KO doing things right -- Using Neils at the 5 after Nolan and Brimah fouled out was great. He actually controlled the boards for that short stint.

[ ]The run in the 1st half that put the double digit spread into the score came with TSam on the floor.
    [ ]We ended up tied for rebounds.
    [ ]I was satisfied with DD's play. Not spectacular, but he did his job a lot better than he has been of late.

[ ]In the end, it didn't matter tonight, but how many games officiated like that can we survive?
Just my two cents from watching being at all of the games. I didn't think the reffing for this game was overly one sided. You guys shot and made a bunch of outside shots which often don't get the fouls called. That being said, the reffing for this tournament and really the league has been really inconsistent all season long. Some games we got a decided advantage and some games we got screwed. And no, it didn't match up to our wins and losses. It just seems some refs would call things very differently than others. Makes it hard to know what will be called a foul.

P.s. Your coaches game plan was great. He was smart to realize we can't figure out how to attack teams that sag on defense. Took us completely out of our normal game plan.

As I said in another post, congrats on a well played game. Hope y'all take the inaugural trophy.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

• [ ]How does Giffey play as big a role as he did tonight and never get to the free throw line?
    [ ]Speaking of the FT line, when was the last time Bazz went 1 for 4?
    [ ]Katz interviewing Giffey -- Neils looked like he was trying to figure out why then hell anyone would ask such stupid questions.
    [ ]LK's been in a bit of a slump of late. We'll need the mid-season LK before this tourney's over.
    [ ]KO's use of time outs was masterful tonight.
    [ ]Speaking of KO doing things right -- Using Neils at the 5 after Nolan and Brimah fouled out was great. He actually controlled the boards for that short stint.

[ ]The run in the 1st half that put the double digit spread into the score came with TSam on the floor.
    [ ]We ended up tied for rebounds.
    [ ]I was satisfied with DD's play. Not spectacular, but he did his job a lot better than he has been of late.

[ ]In the end, it didn't matter tonight, but how many games officiated like that can we survive?
Agreed on TSam. The possessions before he came in were all Boat dribbling around aimlessly. So said Doris! KO sat Boat, brought in TSam and then once Boat came back in he dribbled with a purpose - find the shooter!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Well giffey shoots 90% 3 pt buckets so he will never get to the line
He got 9 boards. Most of them in traffic. He drove to the paint and absorbed contact twice.

Reaction Score
My thoughts on this one was I thought we'd beat them. They play a similar style but we do it better. As far as Giffey goes, he reminds me of the old time European players. They could shoot the heck out of the basket. Not a lot of moving and shaking and baking, but if you don't cover them, they'll shoot the lights out. Ask John Thompson about them in the last non-NBA Olympics.

Reaction Score
Just my two cents from watching being at all of the games. I didn't think the reffing for this game was overly one sided. You guys shot and made a bunch of outside shots which often don't get the fouls called. That being said, the reffing for this tournament and really the league has been really inconsistent all season long. Some games we got a decided advantage and some games we got screwed. And no, it didn't match up to our wins and losses. It just seems some refs would call things very differently than others. Makes it hard to know what will be called a foul.
I've been on that bandwagon all season. I think in general the reffing in the AAC this year has stunk. We're used to having better reffing in the Big East but with the AAC being a new conference and it's slot in the pecking order of conferences I figured the reffing would be subpar. It pretty much met my expectations.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
There was only 1 times when I almost threw something at my TV coz of the officiating. It was when Bazz got MUGGED & they called it a jump ball. AARRGGHH!

Reaction Score
My thoughts on this one was I thought we'd beat them. They play a similar style but we do it better. As far as Giffey goes, he reminds me of the old time European players. They could shoot the heck out of the basket. Not a lot of moving and shaking and baking, but if you don't cover them, they'll shoot the lights out. Ask John Thompson about them in the last non-NBA Olympics.
Not even the non-NBA Olympics or a European either. Oscar Schmidt vs USA in the '96 games.

Reaction Score
Giffey doesn't need to get to the line , he's a finesse player . Guys like Daniels getting to the stripe twice on avg is unacceptable

Reaction Score
There was only 1 times when I almost threw something at my TV coz of the officiating. It was when Bazz got MUGGED & they called it a jump ball. AARRGGHH!
I was told to "sit down" by about 300 Memphis fans when they called that a jump ball.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Scot-e said:
I was told to "sit down" by about 300 Memphis fans when they called that a jump ball.
I hope you spent the rest of game pointing at scoreboard while grappling your inflated testicles.

Pe-Tooey. Spit on those paper tigers

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
On TV, the Memphis fans sounded like angry wildebeasts during mating season. Seriously, just incomprehensible complaining and whining for most of the game.

Reaction Score
On TV, the Memphis fans sounded like angry wildebeasts during mating season. Seriously, just incomprehensible complaining and whining for most of the game.

My son was driving home from work listening on the radio. He said he could hear the Tiger fans cursing and complaing in the background.

Reaction Score
Didn't ollie at one point move his entire team to mid court away from the bench? Burke commented saying the crowd was rowdy

Reaction Score
Didn't ollie at one point move his entire team to mid court away from the bench? Burke commented saying the crowd was rowdy
Yeah, that was right around when Geron Johnson decided to stay on his intended path to the Memphis bench, which was right through the UConn huddle.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was right around when Geron Johnson decided to stay on his intended path to the Memphis bench, which was right through the UConn huddle.
....and we got the bench warning. It didn't decide the game but he officiating was definitely homerish last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom