Post-game SMU thoughts | The Boneyard

Post-game SMU thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just got home. This was really a great TEAM win tonight... lots of contributions from guys across the board. Probably our most balanced team win. Everyone who earned major minutes played well in my mind.

-Amida had his best game in a husky uniform. VERY disruptive defensively tonight. Did a great job of not fouling early which allowed him to play more aggressively. Very good job on the boards as well. Had some nice finishes on offense. Probably the most aggressive I've seen him. He was up for this game... he's back.

-Shonn is Mr. Dependable. He's STILL not getting the ball enough... he's so skilled. It's really a pleasure to watch a polished big do work down low for a change. Had some grown man rebounds down the stretch too.

-Omar played really well early on and helped us jump out to an early lead. Played within himself and was solid all-around.

-Jalen came on late and really sparked the offense. If we want this team to reach it's ceiling, he needs to be this team's primary PG.

-Hamilton scored the team's last 7 points in crunch time. I'm glad he responded well after missing a front end of a 1-and-1 by capitalizing on his next opportunities. I think SMU did a good job defending him but he still made some big shots for us.

-Rodney and Sterling didn't play poorly... but they were somewhat quiet. They didn't force anything and played under control, each hit a 3.

A good result to build off for the team.

P.S.: XL was rocking... it felt like an old Big East game environment. Way to show up husky nation!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amida's first game playing 30+ minutes all year was truly a joy. SMU was 12/22 from 15+ feet and 13/36 from inside 15 feet.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
-Rodney and Sterling didn't play poorly... but they were somewhat quiet. They didn't force anything and played under control!

Sterlings defense on Nic Moore was spectacular.

caw

Reaction Score
Sterlings defense on Nic Moore was spectacular.

Even with that, I was impressed with Moore. He has grown a lot as a player. Shame they are banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom