Post Game Presser?? | The Boneyard

Post Game Presser??

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone know where the stream is?

Reaction Score
These video feeds other than youtube suck. I know why everyone wants to have their own video player, but none of them have the execution down like Google.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Bobcats still up after 3...

Reaction Score
Have seen Geno this impressed with his team in a very very very long time.

Geno was practically speechless I thought....about all he could do was sort of sigh "they were really, really good, they were really, really good". Kind of nice when when his kids blow him away like that. Won't last long I'm sure, but I hope Geno and the girls enjoy this win for a few hours before they get back to it in the gym.

Reaction Score
Don't know if that link works for anyone else but i tried 2 different browsers and nothing

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno was practically speechless I thought....about all he could do was sort of sigh "they were really, really good, they were really, really good". Kind of nice when when his kids blow him away like that. Won't last long I'm sure, but I hope Geno and the girls enjoy this win for a few hours before they get back to it in the gym.

Here is one of those moments you are describing. and I didn't believe it for a second. They gave him a great big present with their play today:

And there were 4 or 5 of those. The old softie.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Q said: "my kid's think this is an accident"..funny.

More likely they think they were out coached. Q was honest in saying how Geno's inversion of personnel when breaking the press really messed them up and he should have figured out a countermeasure faster. He just does not seem to be flexible. I can't imagine after seeing how we handle the press and zone defenses that they just stubbornly continue to play the same way. You need to mix up defenses (man/man) some of the time to at least get near our players even if they blow by you.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know - this is the second year we have faced Q and Syracuse, it is the second year coach Q has been effusive in praise of Geno and the Uconn program both pre and post game, and that Geno has been pretty complementary about coach Q and Syracuse. Maybe, just maybe, it is time for us fans to be a little gracious in victory and cut him some slack. And he has been the opposite of quite a few coaching in never once supporting the idea that Uconn is bad - his answer this year was particularly telling. He said, he would not be having to sit in his pre-game presser and answer questions for 30 minutes if they were playing any other team in the tournament and that was good for basketball and for Syracuse.

I didn't see anything in the game that suggested Syracuse was being overly physical or playing a dirty game while they were getting their doors blown off. There was no submarining of jumpers and the hands to the face were what looked to me to be the standard 'stuff happens' in games. While Kia went off in the first half, after half-time she got very few shots in the second half and had to bank the one she made in - we have played a lot of coaches who haven't been able to make changes in their defense through the whole game - I thought Syracuse made adjustments in the first half (Kia once she got in rhythm made some pretty well contested shots and some pretty deep threes too.) I thought they didn't extend the game unnecessarily and they took their whipping in a stand-up way. Syracuse has never been the evil empire, and the on court issues we had are almost a decade ago.
[And no, the shot Lou took was no where near a flagrant foul - neither of the Day sisters is that smooth with their movements and are very lanky - it was an attempt to block Lou's shot, but the way Lou extended put her face between the defender and the release point and she got hit not by an elbow but by a forearm. And while it was not I am sure pleasant for Lou, it wasn't either particularly dangerous or malicious in any way.]

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You know - this is the second year we have faced Q and Syracuse, it is the second year coach Q has been effusive in praise of Geno and the Uconn program both pre and post game, and that Geno has been pretty complementary about coach Q and Syracuse. Maybe, just maybe, it is time for us fans to be a little gracious in victory and cut him some slack. And he has been the opposite of quite a few coaching in never once supporting the idea that Uconn is bad - his answer this year was particularly telling. He said, he would not be having to sit in his pre-game presser and answer questions for 30 minutes if they were playing any other team in the tournament and that was good for basketball and for Syracuse.

I didn't see anything in the game that suggested Syracuse was being overly physical or playing a dirty game while they were getting their doors blown off. There was no submarining of jumpers and the hands to the face were what looked to me to be the standard 'stuff happens' in games. While Kia went off in the first half, after half-time she got very few shots in the second half and had to bank the one she made in - we have played a lot of coaches who haven't been able to make changes in their defense through the whole game - I thought Syracuse made adjustments in the first half (Kia once she got in rhythm made some pretty well contested shots and some pretty deep threes too.) I thought they didn't extend the game unnecessarily and they took their whipping in a stand-up way. Syracuse has never been the evil empire, and the on court issues we had are almost a decade ago.
[And no, the shot Lou took was no where near a flagrant foul - neither of the Day sisters is that smooth with their movements and are very lanky - it was an attempt to block Lou's shot, but the way Lou extended put her face between the defender and the release point and she got hit not by an elbow but by a forearm. And while it was not I am sure pleasant for Lou, it wasn't either particularly dangerous or malicious in any way.]
Agree. I thought Syracuse played well. They shot 43%. Which is very good against a UCONN team. Tough game for a #8 seed. They should probably have been seeded higher. (I'm sure they wish they had been.)

Reaction Score
Funny -- while the Syracuse press conference sounds fine the UConn press conference has no audio

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom