Post game press conference | The Boneyard

Post game press conference

Reaction Score
A lot of respect for Coach G and USC. Class act. I didn't realize McKenzie was a Grad student. She made a few 3's tht stemmed the come back attempts for USC. Clutch shots. They will be a force to be reckoned with going into 2024-2025. JuJu did all this as a freshman? Look out!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
McKenzie is a Harvard grad from California. The Covid year gave the opportunity to a number of players, and Lindsay took advantage of her roots by grabbing 3 Ivy Leaguers.

Reaction Score
She played for Cal-Berkley in 2018. Almost 24 playing against our freshmen.

Reaction Score
you can just tell by the body language and how her teammates/coaches talk about her that juju is a great kid
I was impressed by how controlled her emotions and facial expressions were during the game. Made a big shot? No expression, same after a foul, a missed shot, pretty much everything. Just played hard and long the whole time. Didn't let on to anyone, especially her defender, if she was rattled, over-confidant, or anything.

Reaction Score
As a rabid UConn fan I'm thrilled with the victory but I'm also thrilled to see the level of play reach these heights and it's only going to get better!
The number of teams that have improved so fast (mainly because of the portal) has made the factor so high!

Reaction Score
The number of teams that have improved so fast (mainly because of the portal) has made the factor so high!
Interesting. I'd have thought the portal would have exacerbated the concentration of talent on a few teams. Lots more players transferring, but the greatest players seem to be seeking to join a small number of teams.

Reaction Score
A lot of respect for Coach G and USC. Class act. I didn't realize McKenzie was a Grad student. She made a few 3's tht stemmed the come back attempts for USC. Clutch shots. They will be a force to be reckoned with going into 2024-2025. JuJu did all this as a freshman? Look out!
They will need to add some more pieces around JuJu for next season as those three Ivy League grads/ starters have exhausted their eligibility. Forbes was a sniper hitting those wide open threes.

Reaction Score
I was impressed by how controlled her emotions and facial expressions were during the game. Made a big shot? No expression, same after a foul, a missed shot, pretty much everything. Just played hard and long the whole time. Didn't let on to anyone, especially her defender, if she was rattled, over-confidant, or anything.
Juju is a phenom; big, strong and gifted. I thought she complained quite a bit about calls not going her way. This seems to be the way the ‘new superstars’ respond. She gets many favorable, sometimes questionable calls going her way. This trend isn’t the trend I like to see In the game. Here is another freshman being hyped as ‘generational’ and the best thing since… you name it. As good as she is, USC still lost to UConn and all anyone can talk about is Juju! Paige, as a freshman led her team to the final four. Paige stepped up and defended her well.

Reaction Score
They have the #1 recruiting class coming in. There will be plenty more pieces around JuJu.
Was vey impressed with the pg I saw at the McD game that's coming to USC. Yep- they are going to be a force in the future.

Reaction Score
They will need to add some more pieces around JuJu for next season as those three Ivy League grads/ starters have exhausted their eligibility. Forbes was a sniper hitting those wide open threes.
I believe the Trojans have the No.1 recruiting class for 2024, so they will be around for some years to come...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Juju is a phenom; big, strong and gifted. I thought she complained quite a bit about calls not going her way. This seems to be the way the ‘new superstars’ respond. She gets many favorable, sometimes questionable calls going her way. This trend isn’t the trend I like to see In the game. Here is another freshman being hyped as ‘generational’ and the best thing since… you name it. As good as she is, USC still lost to UConn and all anyone can talk about is Juju! Paige, as a freshman led her team to the final four. Paige stepped up and defended her well.
True. Diana NEVER complained about call not going her way.

Reaction Score
I think the complaining is part of the maturation of the women's game. Men have been whining forever, and in every sport. Heck, a large part of the entertainment of baseball was watching a manager run out and yell at an ump. Now that the women are big time, I think a lot of that has rubbed off. Look at the trash talking episode last year between Clark and Reese; it's part of the men's game. But when the women do it, it's so unladylike. It's become so habitual, I saw a USC player complaining when the call went her way. At least Nika makes it fun to watch when she gets called.

Reaction Score
They have the #1 recruiting class coming in. There will be plenty more pieces around JuJu.
If the USC Trojans are # 1 "NOW". What do you suspect happens to the ranking if SARAH joins Allie and Morgan??
I don't have to think long on that one!

Reaction Score
If the USC Trojans are # 1 "NOW". What do you suspect happens to the ranking if SARAH joins Allie and Morgan??
I don't have to think long on that one!
I'm guessing USC is considered the number one recruiting class based on the sheer number of recruits. According to ESPN, they have the 6th, 23rd, 28th, 47th, 53rd & 89th ranked recruits.

If UConn lands SS, we would have the 1st, 4th (Allie) and 18th (Morgan who IMHO is seriously under-ranked). So quality versus quantity, of course you never really know exactly what you're getting, how they play on the next level, fit your system, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom