Post-game Press Conference: Bob Diaco - Boston College | The Boneyard

Post-game Press Conference: Bob Diaco - Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. He's the head coach. It's year three. He hires the assistant coaches. If they are not fit that's a reflection on his hiring decisions and his day to day management. And there is absolutely no way that Donovan gives us the best chance to win today. So enough with the bull Shiite You're playing the last quarter of this season like you played the first quarter of your first season. Like an exhibition.

Reaction Score
Please tell me Diaco is not managing the food bank. :-(

After preseason predictions of a national championship, I hope he has huge portions of crow and humble pie on hand. Having a lot of whiskey would also help, but how do you take shots wearing a straight jacket?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
30 seconds into the interview and it's obvious he is smoking crack.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doesn't he realize (why pointing out how few plays the offense runs) that his defense giving up 75+ yard, 7+ minute drives regularly is a large part of the problem?

Doesn't he realize that being able to kick the ball is not only something that should be accepted as minimum standards but also only a fraction of special teams pkay?

His statements (that defense and special teams play well enough to win) would be correct if we had a Baylor or Louisville type offense. The offense he wants will always need superior defense and special teams play as among its design is the fact that it will also keep the opponent in the game.

I spoke offline with some boneyarders about this earlier this month: I'm more worried about his comments on the defense than anything. The performance of the offense can in some manner be explained by a shortage of talent and experience, especially in a couple of key spots. There is not only no explanation for the defense's poor p!ay, there is also an apparent lack of awareness of the deficiency in the defensive play by the guy in charge.

Reaction Score
He almost sounds like Bill Clinton when he talks. "I did not call that play!"

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I couldn't make it more than three minutes into this bull shiite. Unbelievable, but it's the same old song and dance of a crazy man.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Lol so done with this clown. He talks about the offense like it's not also his responsibility.

I'm surprised he doesn't parade the entire offensive coaching staff into the media room after these games, line them up against a veritable wall of shame and point his finger at them every time a reporter asks a question about what went wrong on offense. Zero accountability whatsoever from this clown.

Reaction Score
Uconn ran 17 run plays yesterday, and the total rushing yards for the game was -6 yards. The inability to have any semblance of a running game yesterday, put a lot of pressure on QB Williams to move the team thru the air. He's not ready to do that at this stage of his development all by himself, imo. He was pressured in the pocket all game long as well, and only on a couple of occasions did his receivers get open downfield for him. The Uconn offensive line had trouble all day long with the BC DL. I actually think Williams will turn out to become a very good QB for Uconn in the future. Its just that he's young and inexperienced at the college level at this point.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Doesn't he realize (why pointing out how few plays the offense runs) that his defense giving up 75+ yard, 7+ minute drives regularly is a large part of the problem?

Doesn't he realize that being able to kick the ball is not only something that should be accepted as minimum standards but also only a fraction of special teams pkay?

His statements (that defense and special teams play well enough to win) would be correct if we had a Baylor or Louisville type offense. The offense he wants will always need superior defense and special teams play as among its design is the fact that it will also keep the opponent in the game.

I spoke offline with some boneyarders about this earlier this month: I'm more worried about his comments on the defense than anything. The performance of the offense can in some manner be explained by a shortage of talent and experience, especially in a couple of key spots. There is not only no explanation for the defense's poor p!ay, there is also an apparent lack of awareness of the deficiency in the defensive play by the guy in charge.
He's typical of today's attitude among most people.. Blame someone

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Bingo. He has a veteran defense that inexplicably is playing worse this year than last despite only a couple departures. Most would say that's a coaching failure.

Reaction Score
He has a veteran defense that inexplicably is playing worse this year than last despite only a couple departures.Most would say that's a coaching failure.
My theory is that the bulk up weight program has resulted in a loss of quickness and speed. Luke C used to be a flasher at DE or LB--now he's more of a plodding chaser and smasher, often just missing the tackle on the edge. And not just him. Our DB's as well. How else do you explain the fall off in speed and agility of Summers and Williams. Our dearth of takeaways is troubling, especially considering how often our D is on the field--lol. We seem to lack what I call an "electricity" out there. We don't bounce on our feet and attack. We can't penetrate and get off blocks. I'm getting more depressed just writing this.
The O has huge issues, but as FfldCntyFan rightfully says --there is a huge deficiency in the D.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wrote this in the Diaco's Demise thread yesterday.

Diaco's Demise

The offense we see is Disco's push back against having to demote Verducci.

You think offense was bad, I'll show you bad!!

Expect BD to throw offense under the bus post game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His contempt for offensive coaches isn't even hidden right now.

Reaction Score
The sooner he hits the road, the better. I wouldn't give him the honor of coaching on the sidelines one more game. Id stick him in the box and let a coordinator manage the game. He can advise on time management from a call to a headset and be ignored. That's not firing him, thats putting him in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom