Post Game Coverage - The end (of 2016) | The Boneyard

Post Game Coverage - The end (of 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... and Jacobs: Jeff Jacobs: Tragicomedy Of UConn Football Season Ends In Emptiness

>>It turned into the dull thud of realization that the Huskies had not only lost nine of 12 games, but Bob Diaco had lost the best of this team and he had succeeded in losing the state. It turned into an abyss of failed expectations that UConn athletic director David Benedict, UConn president Susan Herbst and UConn Board of Trustees Chairman Larry McHugh must stare into during the coming days.<<

>>"I have a contract until 2021 and unless my calendar is wrong it's 2016," said Diaco in explaining how it's Year 3 and how much rebuilding had to be done.

And unless I'm reading my calendar wrong, 2017 is "last chance" for Diaco. He has to bring in a new offensive coordinator immediately and that person will have to turn around the offense next season — not the one after that.<<

Reaction Score
I just hope whoever we bring in as OC has a great track record. I'd love to bring in an FCS head coach that has a prolific offense.

Reaction Score
They need to bite the bullet and pay the buyout. Fail to do so and the Diacolypse may well be upon us.

Reaction Score
... and Jacobs: Jeff Jacobs: Tragicomedy Of UConn Football Season Ends In Emptiness

>>It turned into the dull thud of realization that the Huskies had not only lost nine of 12 games, but Bob Diaco had lost the best of this team and he had succeeded in losing the state. It turned into an abyss of failed expectations that UConn athletic director David Benedict, UConn president Susan Herbst and UConn Board of Trustees Chairman Larry McHugh must stare into during the coming days.<<

>>"I have a contract until 2021 and unless my calendar is wrong it's 2016," said Diaco in explaining how it's Year 3 and how much rebuilding had to be done.

And unless I'm reading my calendar wrong, 2017 is "last chance" for Diaco. He has to bring in a new offensive coordinator immediately and that person will have to turn around the offense next season — not the one after that.<<

Now the little dillusional f'uck is crying "referencing" his contract! F' that POS! Can him now! He's a joke from start to finish!!!

Reaction Score
If Diaco said that about his contract then he's a bigger dick than I thought.

Jacobs placed it his one way... Mike Anthony w/ more context:

>>Asked if he fully expected to return next season, he said, "No doubt. I have a contract until 2021. Unless my calendar is wrong, it's 2016. There's a spectacular amount of work that needed to be done, that we're doing. We're in year three. Me specifically, I'm in year three. This is a big undertaking that we've made a lot of ground with. [We] slid back [this season], but we got the team back to a bowl in year two, ahead of schedule, and there are a lot of things that have been fixed."<<

Reaction Score

>>Asked if he fully expected to return next season, he said, "No doubt. I have a contract until 2021. Unless my calendar is wrong, it's 2016. There's a spectacular amount of work that needed to be done, that we're doing. We're in year three. Me specifically, I'm in year three. This is a big undertaking that we've made a lot of ground with. [We] slid back [this season], but we got the team back to a bowl in year two, ahead of schedule, and there are a lot of things that have been fixed."<<

Sooooo..... SPECIFICALLY what has been fixed Bob!!!!???? God ur a f'ingg dillusional fruitcake!!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

That "ahead of schedule" line really fn pisses me off. That's rich from the guy that treated 2014 like an exhibition. Have lower expectations for us Bob... you can't. What an .

Reaction Score
He's got major balls if he thinks referencing his contract will go over well with anybody. Look at me, you can't get rid of me for another five years. He's lining up for a throat punch and asking for it.
That's how he's been able to say all the crap he's said.

Reaction Score

That is with more context and I'll bet quite a bit of money he has said that for the last 6 weeks to Benedict.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
That "ahead of schedule" line really fn pisses me off. That's rich from the guy that treated 2014 like an exhibition. Have lower expectations for us Bob... you can't. What an .

Yeah...that 6-7 season and bowl loss to Marshall really shattered all expectations, huh? What a historic season that was!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Did anyone ever ask him when he actually expected to be bowl eligible? His original contract was 5 years, so he hoped to get there by 2018? There is no tangible progress being made, sweet cheeks.

Reaction Score
That is with more context and I'll bet quite a bit of money he has said that for the last 6 weeks to Benedict.

He's has a mentor:

Notre Dame: Brian Kelly said after Saturday’s loss to USC, “Absolutely, I’ll be back,” but added that everything is on the table with his staff. Notre Dame went 4-8 this year. However, Yahoo Sports' Pat Forde reports Kelly has reached out through representatives to explore other coaching options.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
>>"I have a contract until 2021 and unless my calendar is wrong it's 2016," said Diaco in explaining how it's Year 3 and how much rebuilding had to be done<<
Now I'm pi$$ed. He needs to be fired but after that comment Henderson to be fired So Davis style; make him hire attorneys and wait a few years to get a settlement.

Reaction Score
Malfronte's Sunday Gravy: Sunday Gravy: UConn coach Bob Diaco has done little to earn another season

>>Has Bob Diaco coached his final football game at UConn? He’s done little to earn himself another season. The Huskies lost to Tulane Saturday to finish 1-7 in the American, a game almost nobody attended, and went an entire month — 16 quarters over parts of five games — without a touchdown.

He’s mismanaged the game clock, player personnel and his coaching staff. The program has regressed in year three of his tenure, somehow even feebler than it was under his predecessor, Paul Pasqualoni, a guy with a better winning percentage than Diaco who was axed four games into his third season.

Whether Diaco is shown the door depends on how much crow — and cash — UConn’s administration is willing to eat. One of the first major moves orchestrated by new UConn athletic director Dave Benedict in May was to extend Diaco’s contract, which includes a $5 million payoff should he be fired before Jan. 1; and $3.5 million in 2017.

Is it worth millions to start from scratch for the third time in six years, or does UConn have faith Diaco can fix the mess he’s created. The financial implications may well force UConn’s hand.

On the bright side, things can’t get much worse. Can they?<<

Reaction Score
The Red sox had the curse of the Bambino, the Cubs were cursed by the Goat. We are cursed by Red Pants. Will be fun to see how this curse is broken. A new President, a new AD, a new coach, a new QB. Should we all where beads around our necks. Maybe we aren't praying enough. I don't know. Just yell for help.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The Red sox had the curse of the Bambino, the Cubs were cursed by the Goat. We are cursed by Red Pants. Will be fun to see how this curse is broken. A new President, a new AD, a new coach, a new QB. Should we all where beads around our necks. Maybe we aren't praying enough. I don't know. Just yell for help.
You haven't been around that long or you'd know the curse dates back to Jeff Hathaway, if UConn had hired a competent AD at the time Sweet Lou went to Kansas we'd be in in a P5. Possibly still with a crappy football record, but in a P5 conference. We've had new ADs and new presidents since then and it's only gotten worse (footballwise).

Reaction Score
Yes Hathaway was a bad hire, but some people will tell us that even going back before John Toner, UConn just staying in the Yankee Conf was a curse enough. People back then said why should UConn improve its football situation when we had Yale winning all those years. Not enough people care around here is all I here. We might get lucky with the next coach but in all probability that coach will move on. But that's me being nice.

Now for me being more aggressive. UConn higher ups need to swallow there pride and stick their egos up their ass and suck it up. UConn will not get better until people with authority step up to the plate.

Reaction Score
Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek