Post Game — Post Mortem... | The Boneyard

Post Game — Post Mortem...

Reaction Score
they didn't lose cuz of the refs they lost because they couldnt get stops, couldnt hit shots and couldnt even really run the offense, i am more ok with this effort than last years loss to miss st, but what bothers me most is the turnovers, the countless passes they threw away and were stolen, but they twice made an improbable last minute comeback, it just wasnt quite enough

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Lots of off the rail fans in the chat. Clobbering "their" own players, coaches and team. Very strange.

Good thing for those people UCONN only loses one time/year. Any more than that and those folks would be homicidal.

Reaction Score
1) We started in a weird defense that left Young open so she had a career night
2) Our guards couldn't make a shot
3) Why not press? They have no point guard
4) Their were tons of questionable call that all went against us. One against Z in the lane. The 4th foul on Lou was really a touch.
6) We are really bad in overtimes

Reaction Score
My post in another thread:

This fanbase really needs to handle losses better. The blame game sickens me especially when it's targeted at young women who play their hearts out. Geno can handle the criticism, but what I've seen tonight is really disgraceful comments directed at young women who give their all. Basketball is a game and nothing more. Get over it. On to next season. Wow.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What cost more was keeping Z on the bench so long in the third quarter. ND played much tougher and some of the passes some of the 'Stars" made were inexcusable. Now, players who want to win a NC don't have to think that they have a better chance of winning one by going to UCONN. Why come when you know your chance of playing much as a freshman is low and at other schools the chances are much higher?

Reaction Score
Bye BYers, it's been an experience, but my heart can't take WBB anymore.
I may lurk during the offseason and next season just to see what next year's team ends up looking like as I am expecting a lot of changes.
Oh my goodness - really? Yes we lost. But there were years between DT and Maya that we didn't win a NC. You can not win every year. Stewie spoiled us. This is a game. It's not doctors saving lives... come on now.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Like the Diggins Years, UConn lost this game at the Free Throw Line 23 FT for ND 6 For UConn

Still UConn had a chance to win the game with a few better possessions. Needed a guard that could better run the offense and drive to the basket to get to the Free Throw Line.

Reaction Score
While a tough loss, I hope this doesn't turn into a crazy over-reaction....we got a poster on the men's board calling Gabby the most over-rated UConn player ever.....

Reaction Score
I only saw the last 5 minutes and overtime. ND played tough. UConn gave up several O boards and open lay ups. UConn was heady and level headed to tie it up in regulation and again late in OT, but ND was more poised, more gritty, and more willing to go to the basket and force the issue, thereby drawing a foul. This should make UConn more hungry next season. They are clearly hugely talented - now they need to work on their killer instincts. Geno is the greatest, but the players needed just a bit more menace in their eyes and ice in their veins.

Reaction Score
I only saw the last 5 minutes and overtime. ND played tough. UConn gave up several O boards and open lay ups. UConn was heady and level headed to tie it up in regulation and again late in OT, but ND was more poised, more gritty, and more willing to go to the basket and force the issue, thereby drawing a foul. This should make UConn more hungry next season. They are clearly hugely talented - now they need to work on their killer instincts. Geno is the greatest, but the players needed just a bit more menace in their eyes and ice in their veins.

If last year didn't make us hungry enough to play with a killer instinct, what difference will this make?

Reaction Score
You guys remember when we had the Big Three and lost a game just like this to Stanford? It's basically the one fatal flaw in UConn WCBB.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Can't fault the effort; UConn tied in the last seconds to get to overtime, and could have gone to a second overtime until ND scored in the last seconds. Beaten by an inspired team with nothing to lose and a Hall of Fame coach. Looks like a real basketball rivalry is going to continue, and that will benefit women's basketball as a whole. Congratulations on a great season. Best of luck to Gabby and Kia; eager to see the play of the new recruits this fall, further development of the current bench, and again the brilliant play of Katie Lou, Crystal, Pheesa, and Z.

Reaction Score
1) We started in a weird defense that left Young open so she had a career night
2) Our guards couldn't make a shot
3) Why not press? They have no point guard
4) Their were tons of questionable call that all went against us. One against Z in the lane. The 4th foul on Lou was really a touch.
6) We are really bad in overtimes
Honestly, I put this one on the coach. Z in the lineup gave you the momentum and the lead in the 2nd Q. You then go back to the same lineup that led to the problem to begin with in the 3rd. Kept Z out until your lead dissipates before bringing her in. Geno's record speaks for itself so I am by no means questioning his overall coaching chops. I am just questioning a particular decision. At this stage, coaching to the situation and not to a set in stone mindset is crucial. Situational coaching is not one of Geno's forte imho.

Reaction Score
IMO, what they really need is to be in a better conference so they experience more competitive games. The AAC sucks and while Geno does the best he can to schedule top out of conference competition, it causes most of the tougher games to be earlier in the season rather than later. IMO When UConn gets to the NCAA tournament, they don't really know how good they need to to compete against be against the toughest competition in the nation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom