Post a pic? | The Boneyard

Post a pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How can u post a pic from an iPhone or iPad? Are the pics simply to large from either? Tried to copy/paste and it wouldn't work.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How can u post a pic from an iPhone or iPad? Are the pics simply to large from either? Tried to copy/paste and it wouldn't work.

If it's an older iPhone or iPad, you can't.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am guessing it is one of two problems....

1) If you're trying to upload a photo in your photo album, you need to use the Upload a File doohickey below. You can also save images from the web by long pressing on them and selecting 'save' or 'add to album' or whatever they're calling it these days....and then posting it by using the Upload a File doohickey.

2) I am guessing this might be the problem....Safari now truncates URLs. What you see in the URL field is usually a truncated version of the actual URL, so when you're copying a pictures URL, you're getting something other than what you want.

So you have a three-step process...

First, long press on the photo and select Open in New Tab.

Second, once that happens, long press on the URL field, choose Select All and then Copy.

Third, come back here, click on the Photo icon above, and then paste the URL in the appropriate field.

Give either one a go. PM me if you're still f---ed up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
How do I upload a photo from my PC's photo file into a "PM" (I guess that term stands our InBox Personal Messages)?
I have no problem cutting & pasting a photo from a website into a PM.
I have no problem cutting and pasting any photos into normal public Boneyard Threads (since they have that Upload File doohickey, PMs lack)
Any advice (well, in that regard anyway) would be appreciated!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
- Please disregard my question, above. I figured out a work-around solution for adding such pictures from my PC's photo file into a PM.
- FWIW, in case the question comes up again from a 'Yarder, here's one way:

1.I now first post that desired picture in my PC's photo file to a website (In my case, posting on an extra Facebook page, now created for that purpose)
2. Right click on that website (e.g., Facebook) copy of your picture, and then click COPY.
3. Go to the Boneyard PM: right click where you want it in the text, then click PASTE. Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom