Possibly OT: Known UConn Games for Next Year in Soccer, FH, and Hoops | The Boneyard

Possibly OT: Known UConn Games for Next Year in Soccer, FH, and Hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you read my blog at http://greguconngames.blogspot.com/2012/04/known-uconn-games-2012-season.html it will show you known games for next season in whatever sports I could find information on. I will update it as we go along. Although UConn has released no schedules except possibly women's soccer and also part of their women's hoops non-conference schedule, we can find information from other teams' schedules that have been released. And that is what I have done. If anyone knows of any other games, let me know. Enjoy!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good to see you back on here greg. are you back at uconn or going back soon?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Thanks greg!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Keep up the great work and thanks Greg! I'm just curious but where do you find this stuff? obviously besides uconnhuskies.com it's pretty cool :p

Reaction Score
Keep up the great work and thanks Greg! I'm just curious but where do you find this stuff? obviously besides uconnhuskies.com it's pretty cool :p
Various sources. Some other schools have released their schedule, and I got a few of the men's basketball games from an America East Conference fan board. As for whose schedule to focus on, there's a good chance that if we play a school in one sport, we're playing them in another as well, either that year, a year before, or a year after. I also look at last year's opponents for that specific sport for home-and-homes. Plus there are local opponents.
For instance, women's soccer played Penn State in 2010, field hockey played them in 2011 (and maybe 2012 as well, neither the Nittany Lions nor the Huskies have published their schedule), and we play them in women's basketball in 2012 as well. Additionally, we play them in men's ice hockey this year. They may have all been scheduled under one athletic contract.
Also, we have a home hoops game against New Hampshire this year, played them at home two years ago, played them in lacrosse last year, and play them in field hockey this year.
Plus, we play Iona in men's soccer and women's volleyball this year after playing them in women's lacrosse this past spring (although the volleyball match is in a Loyola Marymount Tournament so that may be coincidental). So, I check those teams particularly as well as doing google news searches for "ncaa schedule" and the like. Plus the Big East teams, obviously.
As for the men's soccer schedule format, I haven't been able to confirm it, but judging by the schedules that have been released, it appears to be correct. And there will only be 8 games for sure, unlike in women's soccer where some teams appear to be playing 10 and others 11.

Reaction Score
Post is updated again/.
Greg, I didn't notice any baseball on your blog. Are there any known road trips or series that the baseball team has scheduled for next year that are known at this time?

Reaction Score
Greg, I didn't notice any baseball on your blog. Are there any known road trips or series that the baseball team has scheduled for next year that are known at this time?
Not yet. Not for several months. The last season just ended, remember?

Reaction Score
Greg maybe you can help me out here, I was cruising around the web trying to find some news about UConn's Men Basketball OOC schedule for 2012-13 and I came across this tidbit on a discussion about Fordham.

According to this poster, we are going to play Fordham.

http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/468975-fordham-ooc-2012-13-a.html

Is it possible you can do some digging?
Looks legit. I'm too tired now to try to find a date. I will add it as TBA and find a date in the AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom