Possible use for the $20 Million- campus stadium anyone? | The Boneyard

Possible use for the $20 Million- campus stadium anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
PR Newswire
STORRS, Conn., March 5, 2013

STORRS, Conn., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The University of Connecticut, along with the University of Connecticut Foundation, announce a campaign to raise $200 million for an on campus football stadium.

The University of Connecticut already has received $50 million in commitments from private donors, including from Connecticut's own, ESPN. ESPN has generously agreed to a contribution of $50,000,000 after representatives of Gov. Dannel P. Malloy and the Patriarcha Group met with ESPN and Walt Disney Company leaders at their homes and places of worship; this along with the $20 million blood money from the Big East's Papal Division immediately allows UConn to begin to construct a budget and timeline for the projects.

McKinsey and Company has been selected as principal advisor to UConn and the Foundation. Fluck Yu Beesee of McKinsey will be working with all stakeholders to develop a game day experience that will be the envy of the college sporting world. "I will be reaching out to the best and brightest fan minds to make sure that the spectacle of a UConn football game becomes a must-see event. We will reach into all corners and dark alleys to find such minds. H. F. Dan Stifler will be my liaison at UConn. Together we are going to rock the world."

The UConn foundation is proud to announce a new and innovative way to raise funds. Donors will be able to donate online at www.skrewuemmert.com. As added incentive, as soon as the target of $200 million is raised, Mr. Paul Pasqualoni's has agreed to step down as head coach and assume a teaching position in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Physics . Mr. Pasqualoni's intended field will be in the phenomenology of time. The appointment will be endowed by Chronotrack.

"While Rentschler Field has been a good home for UConn," Susan Herbst President of the University of Connecticut stated, "We at UConn need to look to the future. An on campus stadium would bring much needed energy and excitement to the our students, fans and alumni in Storrs. This along with UConn's commitment to green energy and that DNA stuff means that the future of UConn continues to be very bright. We at UConn are always going to dream BIG."

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
Why build a new stadium in Storrs when we can expand the stadium in East Hartford.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Why build a new stadium in Storrs when we can expand the stadium in East Hartford.
Look at it this way. It's not gonna happen for another 50 years, but at least the boneyard will have something to b**ch about for the next 50 years.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
While we are discussing fictional scenarios....how about we save the $30MM and just build a football field at the bottom of Horsebarn Hill. You could probably fit 100k people sitting on the hills with blankets and coolers and just charge $5 a head to get into the area. It would be like the Woodstock of college football!

Reaction Score
A 200 million dollar stadium for which there is no need isn't one of those things you build on whim as you mutter to yourself that these things have a way of working out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
how about we spend 20k on a study to put a 200mil stadium on campus and then pimp that for the minute we get a b10 invite.

Reaction Score
I have a brilliant idea. The state should earmark some busway money to build a station at the rent. Take some of that money and put a budget item of say 50 mil in for "traveler comfort" of 10k seats+concourse upgrades. The busway will eventually just be a ridiculously expensive bike path someday anyways so let's put some of that cash to good use.

Reaction Score
how about we spend 20k on a study to put a 200mil stadium on campus and then pimp that for the minute we get a b10 invite.
20k will get you about a weeks worth of traffic counting around storrs that's about it. Maybe a quick look into planning and zoning.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Obama will kick in huge tax cuts if we put some chinese solar power stuff on top of our press box. done deal imho so just go ahead and knock another 5mil off the cost.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
20k will get you about a weeks worth of traffic counting around storrs that's about it. Maybe a quick look into planning and zoning.

all i want is a 5th grader to draw a stadium on a napkin and write 60k on it. thats all we need and this school wouldn't do it to save our lifes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While we are discussing fictional scenarios....how about we save the $30MM and just build a football field at the bottom of Horsebarn Hill. You could probably fit 100k people sitting on the hills with blankets and coolers and just charge $5 a head to get into the area. It would be like the Woodstock of college football!
genius

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
ask him where he got that idea from
I am pretty sure that it just popped into my head about 30 seconds before I posted it. Or are you now beaming thoughts into our heads without us knowing it?;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I wish people would put the same amount of effort in to brainstorming how to make The Rent better. That might actually go somewhere. Talk of an on campus stadium will not.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I wish people would put the same amount of effort in to brainstorming how to make The Rent better. That might actually go somewhere. Talk of an on campus stadium will not.

i did, i cam up with knocking it down and then putting the baco on a trailer and taking it to down twon hartford and start doing the same there until the earth becomes flat.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
i did, i cam up with knocking it down and then putting the baco on a trailer and taking it to down twon hartford and start doing the same there until the earth becomes flat.
Lol... When it comes to go big or go home, you always go big... Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104