Possible Recruit- Jana el Alfy | The Boneyard

Possible Recruit- Jana el Alfy

Reaction Score
A great prospect. Rebecca Lobo and Breanna Stewart size. 6'4". Can move with the ball. Can shoot.
Needs defensive work but is still young. Hope we can get her as she would be a great addition for 2023.

Reaction Score

Jana Elalfy - my .02 on Geno getting her: I think with 5 international players currently on UCONN's roster, that's a big feather in Geno's cap and could be a positive factor in her final decision. By comparison, the rumored "other" team in her sights is Louisville. A quick check of their roster revealed they have only 2 international players - one from Japan, the other from Canada. So, I'm thinking if you add it all up - UCONN' s stature and track record, being developed by Geno and staff, the international roster influence, the prospect of playing with Paige and company, I kinda like our chances right now.

Reaction Score
Jana visited UCONN last month. Check the September recruiting thread no need to start a new one.
And I do not care about being first.
I did not see this video in the September thread.
Modestia parte I have had plenty of accolades in my life thus far to want to be first …just trying to stir opinions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And I do not care about being first.
I did not see this video in the September thread.
Modestia parte I have had plenty of accolades in my life thus far to want to be first …just trying to stir opinions.
:eek:I honestly don't know what the hell I was thinking or why this has become such a big deal. The title of the thread you started was Possible Recruit- Jana el Alfy. I was thinking that this might belong in the monthly recruiting thread where we already have about 50 post regarding Jana. Actually Jana was mentioned in another thread about a UCONN practice because she attended a UCONN practice.
Anyway....my opinion of Jana? I think she would be a great addition to the UCONN roster for the class of 2023. A few of us have already expressed these opinions but that was in the monthly recruiting thread so no need to repeat them here.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Hmm... Starting entry in this thread puts her height as 184 cm (6'-½"), but the FIBA U16 Championship site lists her at 193 cm (6'4"). That's a considerable difference.

Reaction Score
Scud49's post deals entirely on the premise of wanting to commit to a program with a history of developing international players. While plausible, I believe there are other mitigating factors which may be attractive to her, as well as others. The thread listed is from the age of 13.

sun

Reaction Score
The OP video is 3 years old.
This personal video below lets you get to know more about her.
It was posted Aug. 17, 2022 before her 17th birthday.
She plays terrific and I hope that UConn signs her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hmm... Starting entry in this thread puts her height as 184 cm (6'-½"), but the FIBA U16 Championship site lists her at 193 cm (6'4"). That's a considerable difference.
Video was from 3 years ago when she was 13/14 she is now 17 and a recent FIBA profile can be found here.

Reactions: KCD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom