Possible New Helmet Design for NBE | The Boneyard

Possible New Helmet Design for NBE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this is for real or not, but I thought I would link this so that everyone could take a look at what the New Big East helmets might look like in 2013. Actually, the new UConn looks pretty sweet to me, but the classic "C" will always work for me too...
http://www.lostlettermen.com/2-13-2012-acc-big-east-helmet-concepts/2/

Love the UCF helmet, don't particularly care for UConn's, nor SMU's.

cool helmets are just that: for cfb junkies.

can U ball? that's all that matters.

anxiously awaiting the Boise St news...

Reaction Score
I like UConn's and USF's. Maybe they''ll let us debut them in the snow at the Pinstripe Bowl next year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lol at the rutgers dome piece

UConn-Nike-Pro-Combat-Helmet.png

i think this is cool, its a nice change up from the block C. i actually liked most of them. the cuse 1 looks stupid. its just not the way the brand should look on the ears. maybe they could figue out a way to work in the red tounge into this or atleast out line it like a "U". that would be cool beans.

Reaction Score
Pretty awful. Actually Wake Forest's wouldn't be bad if the letters on the helmet were WTF.

Reaction Score
maryland showcased new unis & helmets. how did that work out for them?
i'm with you socttrojan. all that matters is can u ball....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
lol at the rutgers dome piece

I agree with you on the Rutgers thing. It's funny that they seemingly gave them BC's helmet...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UConn's is awful. Please don't go with the puppy dog on a football helmet!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Gotta say that I liked them. Non-traditional but they work.

Reaction Score
Fortunately they are just concept helmets and not comingt fruition, they are for the most part, awful.

Reaction Score
I'd like it if it had the red tongue. I don't know why people hate the dog. If you ask me, it's one of the most recognizable collegiate logos in the country, unlike the C.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'd like it if it had the red tongue. I don't know why people hate the dog. If you ask me, it's one of the most recognizable collegiate logos in the country, unlike the C.
I'd guess anti-husky dog folks are football purists who came on board after the Huskymania era (late 80's / early 90's). To me it's synonymous with UConn. I don't know about putting it on the helmet though, maybe just a small logo patch on the pants or something.

F

fortebleedsblue

Michigans helmet is the only one that is unchanged... Says they have the beat helmet in college football. I disagree with that ... But I do agree that they have the best fight song hands down.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think it would be a cool 3rd jersey type thing. i'm all for some type of 3rd outfit. if its black or something like this w/e just something fresh that ppl look at. good media for us to the kids. as far as the husky dog, its a huge brand thats apart of uconn. i think we should have it like the FL gators. put it on the stipe on the pants and on corners of shorts etc. rock the block C for everything and get rid of the UC interlocking and the baseball/puck different looks. get everyone on board woth the block C the husky dog(red tounge that looks like a U) and a 3rd jersey every once in a while for fun. black stuff on the field, gray on the court pink for the ladies and what ever. just please get our act together jersey wise in athletics.

all of this could go a long way brand wise and also sales merchandise wise....

Reaction Score
Give it red eyes

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
i think it would be a cool 3rd jersey type thing. i'm all for some type of 3rd outfit. if its black or something like this w/e just something fresh that ppl look at. good media for us to the kids. as far as the husky dog, its a huge brand thats apart of uconn. i think we should have it like the FL gators. put it on the stipe on the pants and on corners of shorts etc. rock the block C for everything and get rid of the UC interlocking and the baseball/puck different looks. get everyone on board woth the block C the husky dog(red tounge that looks like a U) and a 3rd jersey every once in a while for fun. black stuff on the field, gray on the court pink for the ladies and what ever. just please get our act together jersey wise in athletics.

all of this could go a long way brand wise and also sales merchandise wise....
I think a 3rd uni that's Black/Blue with Red/Gray trim would be outstanding.

CL82

Reaction Score
There was a thread on the MBB regarding the (butt ugly) Nike elite platinum uniforms. The gist of it was that it really doesn't matter how much the people on this board like a uniform or a helmet, it matters what HS kids would think about it. I'd bet most would like it.

In any event it's not like the current helmet has much history. Take a look at this link to see
UConn helmets throught the years. Scroll down to see the historic helmets.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
There was a thread on the MBB regarding the (butt ugly) Nike elite platinum uniforms. The gist of it was that it really doesn't matter how much the people on this board like a uniform or a helmet, it matters what HS kids would think about it. I'd bet most would like it.

In any event it's not like the current helmet has much history. Take a look at this link to see

Fantastic link, CL82! I only remember back to the 80's cursive-style helmets. I wasn't aware that we looked like the Chicago Bears in blue prior to that. It's amazing how much this stuff changes over time. Ironically, I remember all of the USF helmets because I saw them play in Memorial Stadium against the Huskies in their first football year. That didn't end well for us that year, but we've had the better of them ever since....

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I just had a "senior moment." It wasn't USF's first football year. It was their first football helmet. It was I think their third year or so...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Awesome link! I still like the 1999-2001 helmet the best. I really like the UConn logo with the Red U. Would love to see those helmets come back! Unfortunately, most schools are going towards simple helmets with either one letter, C, or a combo of two, UC, or just the logo, Husky dog. Still, Love the UConn with the Red U.

CL82

Reaction Score
Thanks, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Here is a direct link UCONN HELMETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member