OT - possible NCAA grad transfer rule change | The Boneyard

OT - possible NCAA grad transfer rule change

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
. I thought they were contemplating loosening the rules.

Reaction Score
N.C.A.A. Clock May Be Running Out on Graduate Transfers

Vote in 2 weeks. Proposing teams that take a grad transfer will lose a scholarship the following season if the grad transfer doesn’t earn graduate degree in 1 year. Thoughts?

That's one of the craziest things I've ever heard relating to colleges.

Does the NCAA know there are a great many MA degrees that require more than 1 year of study?

Reaction Score
NCAA is a clueless bunch of morons headed by the biggest village idiot
God, the ineptitude is scary - mirrors those in government offices in CT

This rule change is being pushed by the schools...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Totally disregards the player as individual. Once you graduate, you are free to go on to any other school or endeavor. Essentially they are devaluing graduation.

Reaction Score
Totally disregards the player as individual. Once you graduate, you are free to go on to any other school or endeavor. Essentially they are devaluing graduation.
Sure, but should you be able to pick any school you want and play basketball for them? Personally, I am not a fan of the grad transfer thing and view it simply as a loop hole. Reid Travis left Stanford to go to Kentucky. That was all about basketball and gaming the system. Not about education. I am cool if this joke stops.

Reaction Score
Sure, but should you be able to pick any school you want and play basketball for them? Personally, I am not a fan of the grad transfer thing and view it simply as a loop hole. Reid Travis left Stanford to go to Kentucky. That was all about basketball and gaming the system. Not about education. I am cool if this joke stops.
lol, nothing about college football and college basketball is about education.

Reaction Score
lol, nothing about college football and college basketball is about education.
Understood. Which is why this grad transfer rule is even more ridiculous.

Reaction Score
If you're worried about education then get rid of all of it.
Who is worried about education? There should be one transfer rule whether you graduate or not.

Reaction Score
Who is worried about education? There should be one transfer rule whether you graduate or not.

Reaction Score
Originally, the grad transfer rule was for a kid to earn a degree in something the original school didn't offer. They made it about education. I am saying not sitting out a year like most transfers is a loop hole. Graduates should be free to go where they want but they should be held to the same standard as an undergraduate. This rule really hurts a mid major and at the very least, sitting out a year would probably influence some of these kids to stay at the school they are at.

Reaction Score
Originally, the grad transfer rule was for a kid to earn a degree in something the original school didn't offer. They made it about education. I am saying not sitting out a year like most transfers is a loop hole. Graduates should be free to go where they want but they should be held to the same standard as an undergraduate. This rule really hurts a mid major and at the very least, sitting out a year would probably influence some of these kids to stay at the school they are at.
If you think the grad transfer rule was ever about an athlete earning a degree in something they couldn't get at the original school you're beyond naive

Reaction Score
If you think the grad transfer rule was ever about an athlete earning a degree in something they couldn't get at the original school you're beyond naive
Bingo!!! Thats the point and its why the grad transfer rule is a farce. Those are their words, not mine. Its why I cringe every time they refer to the players in those post game NCAA press conferences as "student athletes". Its never about the kids education. So why have a different rule in place for some kid who graduated in three years?

Reaction Score
Dumb, stupid ridiculous. Soooooo many things could happen to prevent that from happening.

Reaction Score
Bingo!!! Thats the point and its why the grad transfer rule is a farce. Those are their words, not mine. Its why I cringe every time they refer to the players in those post game NCAA press conferences as "student athletes". Its never about the kids education. So why have a different rule in place for some kid who graduated in three years?
It's only a farce because it's a joke that they limit the other players who transfer

Reaction Score
It's only a farce because it's a joke that they limit the other players who transfer
Fair enough. The hell with structure. Personally, I believe these kids deserve compensation. Oddly, I feel like the commitment to the school is something they should honor. Live with the decisions you make. In that instance where its not a good fit or if a better basketball school comes calling, they should have to sit out a year.

Call me old school.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. The hell with structure. Personally, I believe these kids deserve compensation. Oddly, I feel like the commitment to the school is something they should honor. Live with the decisions you make. In that instance where its not a good fit or if a better basketball school comes calling, they should have to sit out a year.

Call me old school.
Agreed on compensation. Personally I just have a hard time making a kid sit a year when he transfers when coaches can leave at any time without any penalty

Reaction Score

Call me old school.
Surely the coaches should also have to live with the decisions they made or sit out a year as well?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom