Possible bigs for 2019 | The Boneyard

Possible bigs for 2019

Reaction Score
Do we still have any interest in Charles Coleman? The 3-star 7-footer out of Brookline, MA couldn't hurt as a backup big. The last thing I saw on twitter connecting UConn to him was from a year ago. I also saw recently that he was on the visitor list for ECU for their game against Cincy. Does anyone know if the new staff has watched him?

We offered Cliff Omoruyi (2020) out of Roselle Catholic in October. We were listed as one of the schools recruiting him the hardest in this Zags article. Does anyone know if he has any plans to reclassify?

Reaction Score
Main bigs for 2019 that UConn has been recruiting/connected to within the last few months: Qudus Wahab, Tre Mitchell and Karim Coulibaly.

Like others have been saying, they'll look for reclass options and then probably look for transfers.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Main bigs for 2019 that UConn has been recruiting/connected to within the last few months: Qudus Wahab, Tre Mitchell and Karim Coulibaly.

Like others have been saying, they'll look for reclass options and then probably look for transfers.
You think Wahab is going to reclassify? I’ve seen that Tre is open to it but nothing about Qudus.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think just taking a big man is the way to go. I like the idea of taking one of those UConn has been recruiting then that is fine, but not just taking any big is how UConn got into the situation they are in now IMHO

Reaction Score
Matt Cross from Woodstock? Won't help rebounding but I'm assuming the dude can shoot!

Reaction Score
thoughts on getting all 3 of:

1. mitchell or wahab
2. a grad transfer tbd
3. coulibaly (if a 6th scholarship opens up)

best case scenario at this point imho

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone needs to turn Carlton into a mean SOB......

yelling_at_doug_wiggins_web.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We need Wahab so bad. He does everything we need. Blocks shots, rebounds, runs the floor. Sign this kid ASAP.
Sounds like Kofi
Don't want another disappointment
I agree we need a big so bad - I don't have much faith that Carlton is going to turn out any tougher. I don't think it's in his chemistry. Would love to see MD come back but are they saving him for redshirt or did he redshirt last year? I can't remember. At least he has a mean streak and a bit of the junkyard dog.
Was watching Houston a few times this year and they have some fine looking players but I don't recognize them as being nor have heard any announcers talking about any be 4* or 5* talent in high school. They are fast, physical and can shoot lights out. Maybe UConn needs to concentrate on regional players who have talent but aren't the elite - kids who can shoot and want to get better and play at least 3 years. Houston has a lot of 3 and 4 yr players as does Cinci, SFU - that is important for programs who don't normally get the elite talent

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a recruit in New England that was like 7'2 or 7'3 ?? I'm not talking about Chol

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a recruit in New England that was like 7'2 or 7'3 ?? I'm not talking about Chol
I think you're thinking of Charles Coleman. He has a weird offer list. He had a lot of interest from major programs last year, but it seems to have died down. Wake Forest offered in December according to his twitter page

Reaction Score
I think you're thinking of Charles Coleman. He has a weird offer list. He had a lot of interest from major programs last year, but it seems to have died down. Wake Forest offered in December according to his twitter page

Maybe, that just doesn't sound right to me, but it was awhile ago. Maybe he wasn't from New England because I specifically remember the guy being 7'3 and was just coming onto the scene.

Reaction Score

I think you're talking about a tall, slender, player (maybe close to 7 feet, whose name escapes me) at Springfield Commonwealth Academy (SCA) who was featured in a story over a year ago. SCA is an alternative school operating on the former campus of the MacDuffie School. MacDuffie moved to Granby, MA, and was the school Omari Spellman from Villanova attended and where Jalen Gaffney attends today.

SCA was started in 2012 and seems to draw some foreign players and inner city kids from around the Northeast. They're being sued by Commonwealth Academy in Boston for name infringement or something.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know the staff has interest in Cliff Omoruyi out of NJ. 2020 4 star who is extremely athletic, 6’ 11” but he needs to add weight to his frame. Can step out and hit the 3 and seems like a taller version of Akok Akok in my opinion. Not sure if any of our insiders know if this is a reclassification possibility?

Reaction Score
Any bigs that you guys know that can reclassify to 2019?
Im not sure how we would know. These things usually happen pretty quickly. See Delaire last year. If we start getting linked to more 2020 bigs now that we missed on Kofi I'm sure the staff will start trying to push for it if possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom