Possible 5th Yr Transfer | The Boneyard

Possible 5th Yr Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It helps that he is a defensive guy and not a QB regarding links to previous coaches. This could be a big help next year.

Reaction Score
Just so as to not overlook an important detail, how do we know that Diaco knows about this recent development?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/01/uconn-possible-landing-spot-for-former.html

JohnFSilver8:02pm via Twitter Web Client
Grad transfers are difficult for UConn. Must have academic qualifications for grad school met and room in program.
I get that we want the best academically for our school but sometimes things like these just make me scratch my head. I honestly don't know a thing about this kid but I feel like UConn has stricter admission standards then most P5 schools at times. It's like we try to throw the FB program down the drain when we reject kids on this standard.

Reaction Score
I get that we want the best academically for our school but sometimes things like these just make me scratch my head. I honestly don't know a thing about this kid but I feel like UConn has stricter admission standards then most P5 schools at times. It's like we try to throw the FB program down the drain when we reject kids on this standard.

Understand where you are coming from but scratch around a bit as to possibly why the "academic qualifications for grad school" comment may have been made...

Would like to see him added to the roster if he could contribute.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

UCONN is an academic institution before all else, regardless of what the majority of BY posters want.

Reaction Score
Yes , but if my kid did not make the program because of some 5th year jock, and he/she was more qualified, then I would be pi$$ed. Forget about the football program. This is college.

Reaction Score
Yes , but if my kid did not make the program because of some 5th year jock, and he/she was more qualified, then I would be pi$$ed. Forget about the football program. This is college.
All they need to do is support another grad. Why is that so hard? Do they have chairs already bolted to the floors in each class?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Safety is probably our lowest ranking position of need but with all of the personnel changes we could use some quality depth and experience.

Reaction Score
You're ok if your kid gets passed over by the hundreds of undergrad athletic schollies, but when it comes to grad school and 1 seat, well now that's different :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Safety is probably our lowest ranking position of need but with all of the personnel changes we could use some quality depth and experience.

We can absolutely use some depth and experience at the safety/cornerback position, especially from a four-star player coming out of high school. He runs a 4.4 fort too which doesn't hurt.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"Hardy started against Pittsburgh and Brigham Young during the 2013 season, recording eight of his 26 tackles that season in the game against the Cougars. He played in five games in 2014 and finished with nine tackles. With Hardy set to graduate, he will be eligible to play immediately.

Hardy was one of the players originally suspended as part of an academic investigation. Hardy was reinstated after being held out of seven games and had eight of his nine tackles against USC in the regular-season finale."

Reaction Score
All they need to do is support another grad. Why is that so hard? Do they have chairs already bolted to the floors in each class?
If you anything about Grad school, there are a limited number of spots for many, not all, programs. For most it's competitive and many folks are not admitted. Teaching Nursing Pharmacy have only so many clinical spots. So it's not so cut and dry. If a football kid needs to run a rotation somewhere else as part of the program then he tells Diaco what?

Goff I get what you say but I say too bad for the football kid and our program I can turn the table and say it's only 1 kid out of 80 schollies.

Reaction Score
gioff23 said:
You're ok if your kid gets passed over by the hundreds of undergrad athletic schollies, but when it comes to grad school and 1 seat, well now that's different :rolleyes:

Do you see a difference between undergrad and grad school?

Reaction Score
If you anything about Grad school, there are a limited number of spots for many, not all, programs. For most it's competitive and many folks are not admitted. Teaching Nursing Pharmacy have only so many clinical spots. So it's not so cut and dry. If a football kid needs to run a rotation somewhere else as part of the program then he tells Diaco what?

Goff I get what you say but I say too bad for the football kid and our program I can turn the table and say it's only 1 kid out of 80 schollies.
And that's MY point... why does it need to be THAT limited? You can't make an exception for a kid that is going to help by upgrading your multi-million $ football program? The program that will make or break your school's entire athletic department? Talk about being small-minded.

Reaction Score
And that's MY point... why does it need to be THAT limited? You can't make an exception for a kid that is going to help by upgrading your multi-million $ football program? The program that will make or break your school's entire athletic department? Talk about being small-minded.
Yes we should preoccupy ourselves with one football transfer going to grad school, and play for only one year, and cause upheaval in all of our Grad Programs. And I am small minded. Wow

Reaction Score
Yes we should preoccupy ourselves with one football transfer going to grad school, and play for only one year, and cause upheaval in all of our Grad Programs. And I am small minded. Wow

Let's be real here. BC, say whatever you want about it, is a strong academic school and yet Addazio found a way to take 7 or 8 fifth year transfers and the BC basketball coach 3. It was a joke that Robbie Frey, by all accounts a good kid along with being a great player, could not get into grad school for his particular program. This is an area which UConn needs to fix and it may take action by someone like Susan Herbst who is able to see the big picture. Remember almost 30 years ago when Calhoun, Casteen and company helped tear down some of the "principled" obstacles to athletic success? I consider this in the same category.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Let's be real here. BC, say whatever you want about it, is a strong academic school and yet Addazio found a way to take 7 or 8 fifth year transfers and the BC basketball coach 3. It was a joke that Robbie Frey, by all accounts a good kid along with being a great player, could not get into grad school for his particular program. This is an area which UConn needs to fix and it may take action by someone like Susan Herbst who is able to see the big picture. Remember almost 30 years ago when Calhoun, Casteen and company helped tear down some of the "principled" obstacles to athletic success? I consider this in the same category.

Tell me how Calhoun's "removal of principles" turned out again?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I have no insider knowledge, but it appeared that Evans and Kromah were above-average academically.

Reaction Score
Frey did not fit into PP plans at RB. Got that from a good source on this board. Became a non issue I think.

It worked for Kromah and Evans and that's great. As long as the kid qualifies on his own I am good with it.

Was the kid from BC a 5th year senior or a grad. student.

Reaction Score
ND is no seawash, gotta figure the kid could academically fit here in one of our many Grad programs.

Reaction Score
Do you see a difference between undergrad and grad school?

None at all. We're not talking about 85 FB schollies, we're talking hundreds of ath schollies. Somehow, its seemingly ok to bumpo 1% of the enrollemnt every year for undergrads, but not ok to take in a few 5th yr transfers. That kind of thinking will keep UConn in the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom