Positives | The Boneyard

Positives

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Guys give me some stats that show improvement. I get tired of the same threads and people saying the same things, all negative. Boat obviously has been great and has exceeded expectations this season. Hamilton gets better every game, love his game both offensively and defensively. Brimah has been good on defense and i would love to see him hit that jumper that he has. The defense almost every game is good, we get them to the last 8 seconds and they jack up a shot and make it or they get bailed out with a foul. I think ollie is looking for players who fit his system and so far he has hamilton, adams, enoch, and .......... The last thing this school needs is for us to turn our backs on them... I can't want for the smu game and memphis game

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
There is only one positive going forward and it's that Hamilton is a stud. He needs to tighten the handle but his passing and rebounding have impressed me.

If anything, Brimah, Facey, Samuel and definitely Nolan have regressed. While Purvis and Calhoun remain inconsistent.

Not sure how you can call Adams and Enoch Ollie players before they step foot on campus. I'm sure SCJr and Lubin were Ollie guys too. That's turned out horribly.

Reaction Score
'The defense almost every game is good"??? I'm sure someone out there will blitz me with numbers but really? Uncontested 3's, no rotations, point blank layups untouched, dumb touch fouls by our center. Shall I continue?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
'The defense almost every game is good"??? I'm sure someone out there will blitz me with numbers but really? Uncontested 3's, no rotations, point blank layups untouched, dumb touch fouls by our center. Shall I continue?
I was going to write some negatives about the defense but wanted to stay positive. Figured somebody would go there. Thanks

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Two giant bright spots:
1. Daniel Hamilton.
2. Brimah had 12 rebounds last night, 8 on the offensive end. He was 9 of 11 from the line. And he stayed on the court.
Yeah brimah is looking better and falls for the ball a lot. He needs to add weight and foot speed but having that jumper will keep defenses honest. He's going to be living at the line so he'll need to keep improving in hat department

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There is only one positive going forward and it's that Hamilton is a stud. He needs to tighten the handle but his passing and rebounding have impressed me.

If anything, Brimah, Facey, Samuel and definitely Nolan have regressed. While Purvis and Calhoun remain inconsistent.

Not sure how you can call Adams and Enoch Ollie players before they step foot on campus. I'm sure SCJr and Lubin were Ollie guys too. That's turned out horribly.
Facey didn't play last year so nothing to compare. brimah didn't have that jumper last year and is blocking more shots. Samuel has stayed the same and so has nolan.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Facey didn't play last year so nothing to compare. brimah didn't have that jumper last year and is blocking more shots. Samuel has stayed the same and so has nolan.

Facey has regressed since the beginning of this season. His production is down and he lost his starting spot.

Nolan was the starting center on the national title due to him playing great D and setting picks. Now he can't even hang with the AAC.

Samuel, maybe his run in the tourney was an outlier and I like the guy because he plays hard, but he's worse off.

Brimah has hit what, 10 jumpers this season? Big deal. He hasn't improved his defense at all. Not sure how many times it has to be said but shot blocking doesn't equal good defense.

This team more or less hung with Duke, could've beat Texas and did beat Dayton. Now we can hardly buy a win in the AAC. Something has to give.

Reaction Score

Totally disagree about Brimah and KF regressing. Brimah now has a nice jumper and he can actually board which he couldn't last year. His post game and position defense will come around with a full offseason to work on it and build some muscles. KF regresses from what? A barely used bench player? He is rebounding and providing garbage points and that is more than last year. I guess you had too lofty expectations from them.

Reaction Score
Nolan is worst and he has lost a step with the added weight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Positives:
1. By 9:20, my wife was able to watch Scandal and I looked like a good guy.
2. 1 game closer to this season ending.

Reaction Score
Positives:
1. By 9:20, my wife was able to watch Scandal and I looked like a good guy.
2. 1 game closer to this season ending.
Wow you gave up early. You missed a good game were DHAM became a leader.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Totally disagree about Brimah and KF regressing. Brimah now has a nice jumper and he can actually board which he couldn't last year. His post game and position defense will come around with a full offseason to work on it and build some muscles. KF regresses from what? A barely used bench player? He is rebounding and providing garbage points and that is more than last year. I guess you had too lofty expectations from them.

Do you watch the games?

Answer this: Was Facey better at the beginning of the season or now?

What are you talking about with AB and rebounding?

Last six games: 9, 2, 1, 1, 4, 12 - that to you is boarding as a 7 foot player in the AAC?

Reaction Score
I'd like to see a meaty guy with basic skills to go with Brimah. It's not PN so is it Lubin? I think it could be, so shouldn't he be out on the floor now?

Reaction Score
Negative: Three of our most talented guys (DHam, Amida, Facey) have no idea how to play defense in a team setting
Positive: Next year they will have played 30+ games together, and had an entire summer to watch film together

Negative: Omar hasn't improved since his freshman year
Positive: He will have his first healthy offseason at UConn this summer

Negative: This team doesn't take or make free throws
Positive: Brimah & Hamilton have combined to go 19-for-23 from the line over the last two games

Negative: Purvis catches the ball standing out of bounds once a game
Positive: This gives me an excuse to drink

Negative: Our recruiting classes aren't as good as we want them to be
Positive: Each KO class has been, on paper, better than the one before it

Negative: We're losing Boat
Positive: I've got nothing

Beyond everything else, this team needs to learn how to play defense as a unit. Forget recruiting or cutting down on turnovers or tough rebounds. They need to learn how to get stops as a team.

The raw materials are there (a frontline of DHam, Facey & Brimah is athletically dominant), but the know-how isn't. That's KO's main job this offseason.

Reaction Score
Do you watch the games?

Answer this: Was Facey better at the beginning of the season or now?

What are you talking about with AB and rebounding?

Last six games: 9, 2, 1, 1, 4, 12 - that to you is boarding as a 7 foot player in the AAC?
You never stated from beginning of the year. I was talking about year over year. AB definitely has been working on his positioning even if the results this year haven't shown it. He needs more strenght to rebound even more and will with a full off season in the weight room. He definitely hasn't regressed as his statistics per minute are better than last year. Has he taken the leap some have hoped? No but he hasn't regressed.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Facey has regressed since the beginning of this season. His production is down and he lost his starting spot.

Nolan was the starting center on the national title due to him playing great D and setting picks. Now he can't even hang with the AAC.

Samuel, maybe his run in the tourney was an outlier and I like the guy because he plays hard, but he's worse off.

Brimah has hit what, 10 jumpers this season? Big deal. He hasn't improved his defense at all. Not sure how many times it has to be said but shot blocking doesn't equal good defense.

This team more or less hung with Duke, could've beat Texas and did beat Dayton. Now we can hardly buy a win in the AAC. Something has to give.
KF has seen his minutes diminish and his rebounding, particularly on the offensive end, had many excited at the beginning of the year which is no longer the case.

If KO just let the players play the team would be more productive this year but the ceiling would be more limited than with working on the fundamentals of play. KF is confused currently because he's no longer just playing athletically but playing as part of a system. Will he ever pick it up? Who knows. But JC was notorious for deconstructing and then reconstructing his players. There is a reason UConn had four championships over the twenty year span. It was about looking at the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom