Positives | The Boneyard

Positives

Reaction Score
Our big guys know how to rebound and don't fall down all the time like our big guys the past few years. They also seem to have the ability to set a screen that actually frees up people.
I actually didn't see the game. I'm too spoiled by TCF and his replays. And I've developed the patience to wait a day or so.

Anyways, if this is accurate we should be a lot better than last year.

A win is a win. Sounds like we had a nice comeback.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Why didn’t larrier stay on the block and have the ball fed to him there? Or throw it into Cobb Carlton or even polley downlow? We have talent to play inside and not one on one on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Our big guys know how to rebound and don't fall down all the time like our big guys the past few years. They also seem to have the ability to set a screen that actually frees up people.

Agree. Each one brings slightly different positives to the court when they come out there. Lots of interchangeable parts for KO & the staff to work with. We should be at least adaptable to other teams and shouldn't be in too many mismatch situations with most team's bigs. They all seem to have grit & heart so far.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We have a lot of players which shows up by the end of the game. Pressure and moving guys in and out wears down the opponent.
That and toughness which they showed at the end. Ending the game with that run 19-0 showed no quit and teamwork. Stony Brook worn out and toughed out at the end. Great win and something to build on. Adams stepped up and did it while taking a physical pounding. Impressive.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Positives?
  • Adams will be very hard to stop in high screen-and-roll especially at the end of close games
  • Polley is going to be one of our best 3 point shooters by mid-season, that’s a nice stroke
  • Anderson looks like our best guard not named Jalen
  • We have some big bodies so a couple early fouls on a four or five doesn’t cripple the D
  • We make free throws
  • Vital will improve ... he couldn’t possibly get worse.
  • Larrier looks solid off the ACL surgery

Reaction Score
Also, we have 3 solid-bodied bigs who can legitimately knock a skinny guard out cold with a nicely-set screen. It might happen at some point this year.

Reaction Score
Cobb really did set some bone crushing screens, I think all the bigs will get better chemistry with the guards as the season progresses.

Reaction Score
8FF93396-2CF8-4506-88B2-7686E514FB45.jpeg
We flatlined them nicely at the end..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323