Positive thoughts... | The Boneyard

Positive thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
After reading a post that stated how depressing every thread was getting, I figured I would create one that would try to get some positive thoughts flowing. I'm skeptical about how meaningful this link is, but let's stick to the positive side of this evaluation of the tv market size:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-11008558

And if that isn't enough to get you to feel positive, here's my final dose:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Knock it off. Very inappropriate.

Knock off what, exactly? The positivity, the tv market size analysis, or the Stuart Smalley? If you're being sarcastic, that's fine. If you aren't, I'm not sure how I'm being inappropriate. Let's hope it's sarcasm...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I thought it might be, but I wasn't.....positive....:confused:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And here's some negative news....

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1161130.html

Still don't agree with them but it's another view point. Think this conference will be ok but the reality is, we're stuck with what we got.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And here's some negative news....

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1161130.html

Still don't agree with them but it's another view point. Think this conference will be ok but the reality is, we're stuck with what we got.

Two things wrong with this post:

1) Like other clowns that I've read, this clown advocates Notre Dame to join the conference in football. I have a better chance of seeing Jesus and Michael the Archangel hanging out at the bar than the Big East has of ND giving up independence to join us in football. Anyone who believes otherwise should get their head checked, and just based on that alone, this article isn't worth the screen it was typed on.

2) The negativity is ruining my positive flow.

There you have it......Root harder!!!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Two things wrong with this post:

1) Like other clowns that I've read, this clown advocates Notre Dame to join the conference in football. I have a better chance of seeing Jesus and Michael the Archangel hanging out at the bar than the Big East has of ND giving up independence to join us in football. Anyone who believes otherwise should get their head checked, and just based on that alone, this article isn't worth the screen it was typed on.

2) The negativity is ruining my positive flow.

There you have it......Root harder!!!

Lol! I agree that ND isn't joining anytime soon or actually, at all. Sorry to ruin the positive flow!! Unfortunately I'm watching the basketball game right now and positivity isn't something I'd use for this game

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Before WVU, 'Cuse and Pitt left... there was an outside shot at ND joining the Big East if the BCS situation changed and conference affiliation become a prerequisite... now there's none.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Before WVU, 'Cuse and Pitt left... there was an outside shot at ND joining the Big East if the BCS situation changed and conference affiliation become a prerequisite... now there's none.

If by "outside shot", you mean "no shot", then yes, I agree. You have to understand that Notre Dame has a lucrative tv contract that they don't have to share with anybody. They have ready-made bowl ties, and more importantly, BCS bowl ties. There was no way that they were going to lessen their national prominence (boy, I hate to type that) by playing WVU, Cuse, and Pitt instead of USC, Michigan, and Michigan State. None. Zero. Zilch.

Again, I hate to type all of the above statement, because it is everything that is wrong with college football. For more proof, look at my avatar...(boy, that was a great hit!!)

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oh, I forgot to touch on the "what if no BCS" part of your post. If no BCS, then there was STILL no way that they would join the Big East. If they were really forced into a conference, it would be the Big10. They would keep all of their Michigan / Mich St. / Purdue games, and would be able to keep their traditional USC / BC / Navy / etc. games. So......"no shot"....

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If by "outside shot", you mean "no shot", then yes, I agree. You have to understand that Notre Dame has a lucrative tv contract that they don't have to share with anybody. They have ready-made bowl ties, and more importantly, BCS bowl ties. There was no way that they were going to lessen their national prominence (boy, I hate to type that) by playing WVU, Cuse, and Pitt instead of USC, Michigan, and Michigan State. None. Zero. Zilch.

Again, I hate to type all of the above statement, because it is everything that is wrong with college football. For more proof, look at my avatar...(boy, that was a great hit!!)

I basically agree with you. It might have made more sense for Notre Dame to join the Big East... but they're alumni wouldn't stand for it. I'm not going to get into flogging this old horse again. All I was saying was that there's less than a snowballs chance now that they would join the newer and even more craptastic Big East. Stating the obvious as it were. :D

Reaction Score
Here's a quote from Louisville's recruiting coordinator, that might help with the positive vibes

"I don't worry about appeasing 40- or 50-year-olds who remember Syracuse as a good program," Hurtt said. "I'm worried about making an impression on the 17- or 18-year-old kid. Right now, they're going to remember more about Boise State than Syracuse. That's not a knock on Syracuse, but it is what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom