Positive Perspective | The Boneyard

Positive Perspective

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I will say two things that bode well for the future.

1) The crowd energy for the first half was great. I could feel everyone there willing UCONN football to be good. This after 5 terrible, embarrassing, losing seasons. If we STILL have that much potential for fan support, imagine what will happen if we start winning again. The place will be mobbed. I can tell you first hand, that type of energy does not exist at BC or Cuse home football games.

2) Last night was the most embarrassing loss ever - BUT, I loved watching our offense for most of the game. It was more entertaining than any game last year. Once our D gets fixed, we are going to make stuff happen.

To sum up in haiku:
Offense - shake and bake!
Defense - a work in progress
We will win again

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another positive, a possible Deepster sighting:
upload_2017-10-7_13-2-11.jpeg

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Agree about the crowd early. Really good noice and energy. A 70 yd TD run on the second play of the game does that.

Reaction Score
21 all I am thinking we could get a win and have a good chance in the next 3 games. The fans there for the most part care but watching the rest of the game and seeing how far we have to go to put out a usual UCONN defense was not positive. Was hoping for bigger crowds for Tulsa and Mizzou. Not sure we are getting that. If Shirreffs was coming back there would be more to be optimistic about but we will be starting from scratch. And Rhett is a free agent really so that really sucks. He has made such a difference and made going to the games bearable as we are playing like all the other programs we see each weekend after years of stone age football. Happy that the offensive players are getting a chance with a good OC. Have a great O-line coach also and things will continue to trend upward there. It would be nice if fans turned out for the next two home games and gave the team some energy. Maybe a Saturday noon game and the students will fill their section for a couple quarters.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
This year has become just a learning experience. Give the kids a year to learn the defense, recruit better athletes that fit this system, etc. In a couple years we'll be competitive with everyone on the schedule.

That's wonderful, and I'm ok with it. But I'm tired of new coaches and fresh starts. I'm beaten down right now, sick of embarrassing moments on TV.

Reaction Score
I hate losing but we are heading in the right direction. Offense is fun to watch. Sure, we made some bad turnovers, but we are moving the ball and scoring.

I know people hate the 3-3-5 right now, but this is the right scheme for the future facing the Memphis type of offense every week. We just need to recruit better players for this scheme. We need some DLs and Lbs that can put some pressure on the QB. We also need some lock down corners. RE is a defensive coach. I am pretty confident he will get this right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom