Positive Observations | The Boneyard

Positive Observations

Reaction Score
After a rough 3 years...I can confidently say, we are turning a corner...but not ready to say we are out of the woods yet. I don't post a lot, but I have been reading boneyard posts for about 6-7 years now, and since I am a longtime fan, I figured I would drop a few of my observations that I feel good about.

1. Hurley's line rotations. At no point in the game did I feel like I was waiting for a particular player to get back in the game or else we would fall apart. Even though we had a couple of tough losses, all season long, I feel like our talent can get better, but there is no one in there that "I feel," is a huge liability like I have in the past couple of seasons.
2. Great adjustments: Carlton's passing today, was probably most impressive. I know everyone has been waiting for Carlton to look at his surroundings and today it was emphasized and paid great dividends.
3. With the exception of the St. Josephs game, the competitiveness of the players has come back to D-1 level...Miami today at the end of the game, looked like UConn the past 3 years.
4. The Newcomers: It is hard not to be happy about Bouknight, Akok, and Gaffney.
5. Player improvements: Adams, Whaley, Carlton, Wilson, and Polley, are all significantly better than they were last year....again, the past 3 years player improvements have been minimal...I think if everyone watched Jalen Adams highlights from his freshman year, and then fast-forwarded to Senior year, it is sad to see how little he progressed, with so much promise.
6. Moving without the ball...It actually looks like we are running sets. Obviously now, after the dust settled, we realized that Ollie did not have the ability to coach on the collegiate level, and is better suited to an NBA coaching, where he doesn't have to develop players...but I never understood, how a point guard coach, could drum up such putrid offense.
7. A blow out victory against an ACC team
8. Not anticipating losing each game, makes watching games fun again.
9. The block party is slowly returning...I miss our streak of leading the country in blocks.
10. Multiple ball handlers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom