Positions for '13 commits | The Boneyard

Positions for '13 commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because so many high school kids play so many different positions, i like to go through every season, and try to figure out what position each commit will fill. Here are my guesses so far.

QB- Richard lagow
RB-
FB- Matt Walsh
WR- Noel Thomas, Jamar Summers, Dhameer Bradley
TE- Cameron Stapleton, Tommy Myers, Quinn Thompson
C/OG- Kyle Schafenacker
OT- Tommy Hopkins

DT- Folorunso Fatusaki, Lance Burlingame
DE- ShaKi Holines
LB-
CB- Javon Hadley, Thomas Lucas
S-

- Walsh, and Holines could both play LB, but i think FB and DE are right.
- WR's and CB's are seemingly interchangeable out of HS, but from what i gather its the 3 WR, and 2 CB so far.
- It seems odd to me that we have another FB, and 3 TE's in this class. But from everything ive heard, this is what were doing with them all. On a side note, i wonder if Walsh coming in at FB moves one of Clax/Vinci to LB ??? We would have 5 FB's with MO, and RF still here for a year.
- We have a young group of up and coming LB's (vann/ashiru/smallwood/hicks stephens), but i would be surprised if we didnt get one.
- Same as LB, we have good Safeties for a couple years, and beyond it seems...but i would be surprised not to see 1 come in. Maybe a Hybrid S/CB who can switch if needed (ala b jones)
- RB is a big need...imo. I like mccombs and williams, and i think Max will be a good player when his time comes, but we need depth.

Sometimes the kids say things on Twitter (which i only follow if a Tweet is posted here), so i can miss these things occasionally.

Please let me know if i am off on any of these guys based on what we've heard, or what we know.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Because so many high school kids play so many different positions, i like to go through every season, and try to figure out what position each commit will fill. Here are my guesses so far.

QB- Richard lagow
RB-
FB- Matt Walsh
C/OG- Kyle Schafenacker
OT- Tommy Hopkins

DE- ShaKi Holines
LB-
S-

- WR's and CB's are seemingly interchangeable out of HS, but from what i gather its the 3 WR, and 2 CB so far.
- It seems odd to me that we have another FB, and 3 TE's in this class. But from everything ive heard, this is what were doing with them all. On a side note, i wonder if Walsh coming in at FB moves one of Clax/Vinci to LB ??? We would have 5 FB's with MO, and RF still here for a year.
- We have a young group of up and coming LB's (vann/ashiru/smallwood/hicks stephens), but i would be surprised if we didnt get one.
- Same as LB, we have good Safeties for a couple years, and beyond it seems...but i would be surprised not to see 1 come in. Maybe a Hybrid S/CB who can switch if needed (ala b jones)
- RB is a big need...imo. I like mccombs and williams, and i think Max will be a good player when his time comes, but we need depth.

Sometimes the kids say things on Twitter (which i only follow if a Tweet is posted here), so i can miss these things occasionally.

Please let me know if i am off on any of these guys based on what we've heard, or what we know.

imho

qb-lagow
te-myers and cam
de-thompson
lb/de-holines (hard to tell)
db-hadley, summers and lucas
fb-walsh (yes i think clax to lb and i also think we almost had a rb/fb leave this summer and the staff is preping for that to possibly happen again, it also wouldn't suprise me if down the road he gets a look at lb)
og-sch
ot-hopkins
dt-flo and bur
wr-brad and noel

i'm xpecting 1 or 2 more tight ends this class. 1 more wr. 1 of those tight ends may be a te/wr mix guy. another lb and db also. we nee a rb also. def a center and a 4th oline guy for starters. then i'm not sure but 22-25 slot wise we will see...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i know in has he is a wr and db but i was under the impression he was going to be a db. i think dez reported him as a db also.

Reaction Score
Thanks...thats exactly why i asked.
Good to know.

another- Thompson at DE ? once again i remember hearing that TE was a lock...no ?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think he was a mix te/de recruit and it was rumored that coaches saw him more as a de then te. i think bc was looking at him as a de and we were open to either position. he also i think plays qb or something else in hs so hes really a ath that we are projecting to a psoition.

Reaction Score

QB- Richard lagow
RB-
FB- Matt Walsh
C/OG- Kyle Schafenacker
OT- Tommy Hopkins

DE- ShaKi Holines
LB-
S-

Don't Forget Graham Stewart!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we also have sylva up at dean for lb depth

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
is he '14 ?
how sure are we that he will be here come the time ?
i love that kid. really cant wait to get him here (if he comes)

we still have no answer on him but at this point i'm thinking since no news has come that 14 is more likely than this year. either way the kid is a husky 100% it seems.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
scout also saying summers is a cb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads