Portal Timeframe - Deadlines | The Boneyard

Portal Timeframe - Deadlines

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me the timeframe for portal entry and decisions? I see a date as May 1st but then Cam Spencer came to us in June last year and entered the portal in May. So some of what I have read seems a bit conflicting.

Reaction Score
The portal is open March 18 through May 1. But if you have enough credits to graduate this spring then you can enter the portal at any time. Spencer graduated last spring so that's why he could enter after May 1.

Also, if a head coach is fired or gets another job then players of that team are given a 30-day window in which they can enter the portal, which is not bound by the March 18 through May 1 window.

Reaction Score
The portal is open March 18 through May 1. But if you have enough credits to graduate this spring then you can enter the portal at any time. Spencer graduated last spring so that's why he could enter after May 1.

Also, if a head coach is fired or gets another job then players of that team are given a 30-day window in which they can enter the portal, which is not bound by the March 18 through May 1 window.
Thx. Does the portal close once u enter? So do players have to make a decision by a certain date? Also if they don’t transfer is the prior school obligated to them? Or are they without a school?

TIA

Reaction Score
Thx. Does the portal close once u enter? So do players have to make a decision by a certain date? Also if they don’t transfer is the prior school obligated to them? Or are they without a school?

TIA
Entry to the portal closes May 1, but exit remains open until the season starts. Scholarships are guaranteed for 1 year only. If you're in the portal, your former team will likely replace your scholarship. But if they don't you could return (if they want you).

Reaction Score
Entry to the portal closes May 1, but exit remains open until the season starts. Scholarships are guaranteed for 1 year only. If you're in the portal, your former team will likely replace your scholarship. But if they don't you could return (if they want you).
Thx

Reaction Score
I think it's different for grad students as well, like Cam. They have a longer window, but im not sure what it is exactly.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the concise, polite, answer. So nice to see you didn't feel it necessary (as some do) to call the person asking the question dumb or in some other way put them down.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the concise, polite, answer. So nice to see you didn't feel it necessary (as some do) to call the person asking the question dumb or in some other way put them down.
I save that for the posters who spell our players' names wrong. :)

Reaction Score
My favorite Uconn players are Triston Newtan and Donovan Clingman
While on this topic of misspelling, I HATE how the WaPo spells UConn "U-Conn". Like WTF?

Reaction Score
While on this topic of misspelling, I HATE how the WaPo spells UConn "U-Conn". Like WTF?
Unfortunately, it’s worse than that; they spell it “U-Conn.” with the period to abbreviate Connecticut. “U-Conn. has won back-to-back national championships.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom