OT: Portable compressors

3 gal. 1/3 HP 100 PSI Oilless Pancake Air Compressor

It depends on what you plan on doing with it but I have one similar to this (bought mine at sears on sale $44 6 years ago) If you are blowing up tires its fine. If you want to run a impact wrench for changing tires or a roofers nail gun you will need a bigger one.
Tires, blowing out my sprinkler system in the fall, etc. Nothing heavy duty.

UC313

Knucklehead
Its going to be a noisy little fella and I'm never really keen on the coiled up plastic hose they come with but if its for a one off random use, I wouldn't sweat it too much. It'll be plenty light enough to carry around from time to time. Just make sure you drain the water out every time or itll rot the tank eventually.

Looks like one I've had for 10 years...and it works fine. But don't know the volume on mine...Are you sure it can blow out your sprinkler? you would need a lot of volume of air....which I doubt this has. My guys show up with a compressor on a truck

Looks like one I've had for 10 years...and it works fine. But don't know the volume on mine...Are you sure it can blow out your sprinkler? you would need a lot of volume of air....which I doubt this has. My guys show up with a compressor on a truck

It would depend on how big a sprinkler system it is and if you can isolate legs to blow out one at a time. Worst thing that can happen is it isn't big enough volume wise. I made a supplemental capacity tank from a used expansion tank from my boiler system. It works great.

HuskyHawk

Hoping to see something that looks like basketball
Any suggestions?

I'm looking at this one at the moment:

That's nearly identical to the one I bought 6-7 years ago. I got a kit with two nail guns. Has worked flawlessly.

Tires, blowing out my sprinkler system in the fall, etc. Nothing heavy duty.
For that use, id buy the harbor freight one and save a hundred bucks. I have one, it's loud and a little slow but does the job. I have bigger Husky one as well that hardly ever gets used because the cheap one is lighter and more portable and fills up bike tires just fine. It also puts in nails for trim without any issues.

3 gal. 1/3 HP 100 PSI Oilless Pancake Air Compressor

It depends on what you plan on doing with it but I have one similar to this (bought mine at sears on sale $44 6 years ago) If you are blowing up tires its fine. If you want to run a impact wrench for changing tires or a roofers nail gun you will need a bigger one.
That runs a nail gun fine - I've had mine for years and I'm actually using it now to redo the trim in the house with 16 ga nails - there is zero issue with using this gun for nailing.

I'm not sure It's enough for heavy automotive use where I'm removing rusted on bolts on a restoration, but it's good - except for the damn air hose as mentioned before, that thing has too much structure to it.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking at this one at the moment:

Bought similar around Christmas on sale at Home Depot for around $100. Haven't even used it yet. :-(
Had hoped to use it regripping golf clubs. Life getting in the way.

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
I don't always compress air, but when I do, I like to compress all of it. At once.