OT: Poor Dodgers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Poor Dodgers

Reaction Score
Read the article. The Yankees were caught before the Astros and the league sent out a memo as a result.

Why didn't ESPN report that one then? I've only seen 2.

Reaction Score

Redsox get caught red handed and its whaaa the Yankees were doing this too. If the Yankees did this believe me everyone and their mother would know about it, there wouldnt even be any discussion of the NFL playoffs at this time. This isnt stealing signs and cheating in a game heat of the moment, this is blatant premeditated cheating funny thing is Cora and the Astros were blatant to it all making quotes like having "advanced and better technology" hmm whats that supposed to mean.

Reaction Score
When I come across a sports story involving a subject like "teams stealing signs from other teams" I suddenly realize why there are quotes like "Get a life", and "Much ado about nothing". It's like thirty two people robbing a bank and then accusing each other of being bank robbers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Because this isn’t ESPNs story. The Athletic broke it, specifically Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich. Quotes:

”As far back as 2015, the Yankees used the video replay room to learn other teams’ sign sequences, multiple sources told The Athletic. Other teams likely were doing the same. Sources said the Red Sox began doing it no later than 2016.”

“I’m just telling you from a broad perspective, living it, it didn’t feel that wrong,” said one player who used the replay-room system with the Yankees as far back as 2015. “It was there for everyone, that’s all.”

Veteran players who were skilled at picking up tendencies by watching on-field action knew what to look for on video as well.

“If I could figure out the signs from the telecast, I was not going to hold on to that information,” that former Yankee said. “I was going to share that with whomever.”

By 2017, with rules governing electronic sign stealing still lacking the specificity that would come the next season, the Red Sox, Yankees and Astros were all using their replay rooms to help decode sign sequences in some way, sources said. There are indications other teams did so as well. One National League general manager expressed a feeling that it was fair game.”

Reaction Score
When I come across a sports story involving a subject like "teams stealing signs from other teams" I suddenly realize why there are quotes like "Get a life", and "Much ado about nothing". It's like thirty two people robbing a bank and then accusing each other of being bank robbers.

Doesn’t make any sense at all. If 2 teams got caught using cameras to steal signs then they were cheating. If they got caught stealing signs or trying to with baserunners in 2nd then your bank robber comp may be spot on but for now it’s just not.

Reaction Score

My son just spotted this on Instagram. Note the shirt (may have to scroll to get to the right photo). Possibly a fan?

Reaction Score
I think hes' been spotted with UConn gear on before. So yes. He is a fan unless he just likes the shirt.

Either way its pretty cool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom