OT: Poor Dodgers | The Boneyard

OT: Poor Dodgers

Reaction Score
Looks like they lost 2 years in a row to cheating teams huh? Hope the league comes down hard on this. No place for and a huge advantage.

Reaction Score
This is inaccurate Mau. If you read the article on The Athletic, it clearly states that the league monitored video rooms during the playoffs so there was no foul play when they beat your Yankees or The Dodgers.

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone even cares about this Red Sox story. It's so small and meaningless and every team does it
Exactly. I think a few disgruntled players who weren’t retained blew the whistle.

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone even cares about this Red Sox story. It's so small and meaningless and every team does it

Small and meaningless? Why because it’s the Sox? Explain your wisdom on this one lol. Did you ever play the game? Huge advantage and I see 2 teams getting caught not everyone. And the 2 teams that did get caught have one thing in common - Alex Cora.

Dumb comment.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Small and meaningless? Why because it’s the Sox? Explain your wisdom on this one lol. Did you ever play the game? Huge advantage and I see 2 teams getting caught not everyone. And the 2 teams that did get caught have one thing in common - Alex Cora.

Dumb comment.
Yes I've played baseball my entire life and still play now. I'm not a Red Sox fan, I'm a Mets fan so couldn't care less about them. I have zero problem with sign stealing, if it's that easy to figure out the signs come up with better ones. It's not a coincidence that every team has a video room immediately when you exit the dugout

Reaction Score
Yes I've played baseball my entire life and still play now. I'm not a Red Sox fan, I'm a Mets fan so couldn't care less about them. I have zero problem with sign stealing, if it's that easy to figure out the signs come up with better ones. It's not a coincidence that every team has a video room immediately when you exit the dugout

I’m good with stealing signs like teams have been doing forever. This isn’t that it’s with technology do you get that at all?

Reaction Score
I’m good with stealing signs like teams have been doing forever. This isn’t that it’s with technology do you get that at all?
Yes I understand it's with technology and have zero issue with it

Reaction Score
It's a big deal, they were already fined and warned by the league twice about it and they continued the practice. There is a direct line from Cora as Stros bench coach and Red Sox manager. Penalties will be severe.

It doesn't sound as bad as the Stros but we don't know the scope. Hinch and all the Stros personnel should be banned from the game as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
It's a big deal, they were already fined and warned by the league twice about it and they continued the practice. There is a direct line from Cora as Stros bench coach and Red Sox manager. Penalties will be severe.

It doesn't sound as bad as the Stros but we don't know the scope. Hinch and all the Stros personnel should be banned from the game as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah the Astros having a private live feed directly on the catcher and relaying signs to the dugout and batter as they happen is bad. I don't have any issue with someone watching the TV feed and picking up tendencies/signs which is what the Red Sox were doing

Reaction Score
Yeah the Astros having a private live feed directly on the catcher and relaying signs to the dugout and batter as they happen is bad. I don't have any issue with someone watching the TV feed and picking up tendencies/signs which is what the Red Sox were doing
And I don't have a problem with players taking steroids but it's considered cheating and the penalties are stiff, same with this.

Reaction Score
Kershaw is considered a choke artist because of his World Series record, which note points to cheating by his opponents

Reaction Score
Within the article is the little nugget that multiple sources have identified the Yankees as using video rooms to steal signs as far back as 2015. They may have been the pioneers of this.

Also within the article is another nugget that MLB was manning the video rooms with staff during the 2018 postseason, so while Boston was pulverizing NY, Houston and Los Angeles, this wasn't going on.

Reaction Score
Within the article is the little nugget that multiple sources have identified the Yankees as using video rooms to steal signs as far back as 2015. They may have been the pioneers of this.

Also within the article is another nugget that MLB was manning the video rooms with staff during the 2018 postseason, so while Boston was pulverizing NY, Houston and Los Angeles, this wasn't going on.
This is some amazing obfuscation. Do some reading and you'll know that lumping the Yankees in with the Stros and Red Sox makes you look like a dummy.

Reaction Score
I simply provided two pieces of information that a lot of NY fans may not be aware of based on the headline and the fact you need a subscription to read the athletic article.

The Yankees are found to be using their video replay rooms to decipher signs by 2015; the Sox 2016; and all three teams by 2017.

Reaction Score
It's just not right that the smallest guy in the room using technology can control the outcome of a hard working gifted athlete in any sport.
Sure, the old school preparation of watching the tapes and scouting the opponent is pushed to the side with all the analytics and technology. The difference between a winner and loser is the smallest guy.
Using hand signs and gestures is insane nowadays.
The perfect world would have an absolute secure level of cryptic communication between the coach/manager and players provided by of course the smallest guy.
With this environment, it would actually be the smallest guy controlling the playing field and outcome......what a world.

Reaction Score
I simply provided two pieces of information that a lot of NY fans may not be aware of based on the headline and the fact you need a subscription to read the athletic article.

The Yankees are found to be using their video replay rooms to decipher signs by 2015; the Sox 2016; and all three teams by 2017.

When the Yanks who left come out and it’s in the news I will eat crow. Until then the Astros and Sox cheated their way to WS titles and Cora is a piece of both titles. As far as not being able to cheat during the playoffs how did they get there at all? By playing 81 games knowing what pitches were coming which makes the game so much easier and winning so much easier. Until they come out with proof on anyone else let’s just say it’s not a big deal because it’s the Sox LOL.......major scandal taken Cora and these teams down hard.

Reaction Score
And I don't have a problem with players taking steroids but it's considered cheating and the penalties are stiff, same with this.
It's possible the penalties will end up being stuff, but I've felt all along that MLB's full investigation will turn up that every team does it and the Astros (and now Red Sox) get off light. Steroids is an apt comparison though because for years MLB knowingly allowed this to happen until it became convenient to enforce

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Eyeglasses and binoculars are technology

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Dumb comment.

Read the article. The Yankees were caught before the Astros and the league sent out a memo as a result.

Reaction Score

That's the same excuse Sox fans had when Manny and Ortiz got caught doing steroids. And when Brady got caught deflating footballs. And when the Pats got caught taping practices.

Reaction Score
That's the same excuse Sox fans had when Manny and Ortiz got caught doing steroids. And when Brady got caught deflating footballs. And when the Pats got caught taping practices.
Well I'm not a Sox fan so that doesn't apply

Reaction Score
When the Yanks who left come out and it’s in the news I will eat crow. Until then the Astros and Sox cheated their way to WS titles and Cora is a piece of both titles. As far as not being able to cheat during the playoffs how did they get there at all? By playing 81 games knowing what pitches were coming which makes the game so much easier and winning so much easier. Until they come out with proof on anyone else let’s just say it’s not a big deal because it’s the Sox LOL.......major scandal taken Cora and these teams down hard.
First an anonymous former yankee was quoted in the story talking about what the yankees were doing with signs and video stuff before the Sox or Astros were even linked to doing this. I only bring it up because a lot of NY fans didn't read the full article and have cried for the last 3 months that they were robbed of a title because the Astros are bad and the Yankees never cheat and are saints and make their player shave while other teams have monsters with ghastly beards.
Second I'm pretty sure a Boston team that steamrolled 2 100 win teams in the playoffs and then the Dodgers were making the playoffs anyway.
Third it's all over the place. Will middlebrooks who played for the Sox and 3 or 4 garbage teams after said every team uses technology to cheat in their own way, it's just that MLB isn't investigating teams that lose 95 games.
Do yankees fans really think their team wasn't doing something illegal with technology over the past two years? Seriously? I'm afraid I know your answer though

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Well, I wish Alex would tell his brother Joey how to do it so the Pirates might steal a few more wins.

Reaction Score

Yep!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom