Poor Batouly | The Boneyard

Poor Batouly

Reaction Score
I see that she hasn’t been to any away games unless Westbrook is also there, seems like her biggest contribution has been keeping Westbrook company. Maybe she’s going to redshirt this year so next year Walker won’t be the only one celebrating on senior night.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If she ends up not playing this year, I would think she would have an excellent case to be approved for a 6th year if she wants to do that. But I still hope to see her in action pretty soon.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder what contribution she could have made if she was healthy (similar to Brittney Hunter). I always felt that she had a lot of potential.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Doesnt look like her knee will allow her to make any contributions. She's shown good flashes & would really help this team with her physical presence.
Big loss. Poor Batouly.
Has something new been announced regarding Batouly? The last operation was a knee scope with a 6-8 week recovery. Which would bring her back at about Christmas time with over 20 plus games remaining in the season.

Reaction Score
Has something new been announced regarding Batouly? The last operation was a knee scope with a 6-8 week recovery. Which would bring her back at about Christmas time with over 20 plus games remaining in the season.

If I remember correctly(doubtful this time of year) Coach Auriemma was asked about Touly around the DePaul game and he said something like "she is nowhere near being ready for a practice let alone being ready for a game."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything new since then. That announcement was Nov. 4, from which 6-8 weeks would mean a window of Dec. 16-30. Hopefully she can see some court time in January.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In a presser or interview, Geno said something like, "Not before January" regarding Touly's availability.

Reaction Score
If she hadn't been so physically beaten up, I think it's very feasible that Touly could have had a nice little boost this year like Irwin and Bent have had. It bums me out more than Evelyn if I'm honest, if only because I've seen a lot more of her and also know that she fits nicely with the team in temperament if not in physical durability.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Whether Touly plays or not this year, I greatly admire her positive attitude and support for her teammates. It’s easy to focus on yourself when you’re injured. Touly is all about her teammates, and I have no doubt that Geno greatly appreciates Touly’s example and leadership despite her injuries.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF the team can get any positive contribution from Batouly and/or Evelyn, this becomes a much more dangerous team when playing the other elite teams. Most of the other Elite Teams have significant size advantage over UConn, thus UConn can't get into foul trouble. However, if Batouly and/or Evelyn can provide 10-12 minutes of productive play (rebounding), then Foul Trouble up front is less of an issue. Time will Tell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom