Poolside chat | The Boneyard

Poolside chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
So, I'm returning from a trip to the grocery store, returning to the condo, and as I walk to my door, I can overhear some people in the poll doing a UConn cheer. I join in, but I don't know if they can hear me. It's time for drinks, so I knock on my friends door to invite them, but they don't answer. That puzzled me, so I decide to walk out to the front to see if I can see their light. I'm standing between the pool and the condos, with my back to the pool. It turns out they are sitting on the balcony, so I start to talk to them and I get a tap on the shoulder. It's one of the guys from the pool. He sees I am wearing a UConn shirt and he is thanking me for the support. I start to respond, then I realize it isn't a UConn fan, as I had assumed, it is Enosch Wolf.

I stammer out something like OMG, you're Wolf. Another guy comes over, and I realize it is Neils Giffey. So I'm trying to thank them and they are effusive in thanking us for the support. I was quite impressed. It would have been all too easy for them to offer polite thanks and just move on to their own crowd, but they made a point of telling us several times how impressed they are at the support of UConn sports. Then my friends come walking out, and I had the fun of introducing them to my newest best friends. I confess it was very cool.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
So, I'm returning from a trip to the grocery store, returning to the condo, and as I walk to my door, I can overhear some people in the poll doing a UConn cheer. I join in, but I don't know if they can hear me. It's time for drinks, so I knock on my friends door to invite them, but they don't answer. That puzzled me, so I decide to walk out to the front to see if I can see their light. I'm standing between the pool and the condos, with my back to the pool. It turns out they are sitting on the balcony, so I start to talk to them and I get a tap on the shoulder. It's one of the guys from the pool. He sees I am wearing a UConn shirt and he is thanking me for the support. I start to respond, then I realize it isn't a UConn fan, as I had assumed, it is Enosch Wolf.

I stammer out something like OMG, you're Wolf. Another guy comes over, and I realize it is Neils Giffey. So I'm trying to thank them and they are effusive in thanking us for the support. I was quite impressed. It would have been all too easy for them to offer polite thanks and just move on to their own crowd, but they made a point of telling us several times how impressed they are at the support of UConn sports. Then my friends come walking out, and I had the fun of introducing them to my newest best friends. I confess it was very cool.

Im a 44 year old man and its still always cool to meet UCONN players and coaches. The preseason tourney's are always a good place to do it as there aren't usually a ton of fans there. My avatar is me and my buddy at the Hyatt in Maui with KO after the Kentucky win. They were at the table next to us at the pool bar with Kemba, Roscoe, Niels and almost all of the other kids. Good times.

Reaction Score
Love this story, but Wolf is 7'1". How tall are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom