PONs for G4 | The Boneyard

PONs for G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
In Marist we faced yet another team with inferior talent but superior offensive efficiency (8/11 assisted baskets v. 20/29). Our highly touted offense is getting embarrassed out there.

And what does it say about your perimeter offense when your best three-point shooter is Kelly "Ms-Everything-But-Shooting" Faris? It's high time the others stepped up to the plate.

You know, I'm convinced Auriemma is just messing with the Boneyard out of spite. On the one hand he takes Doty out a few minutes into the game, on the other hand he inserts her as the savior to steady the offense. He then goes out of his way to point out that most of O'Connor's 18 points were from torching our leading scorer. We've already had 358 threads on the Boneyard over who will start, do we really need 42 more?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
In Marist we faced yet another team with inferior talent but superior offensive efficiency (8/11 assisted baskets v. 20/29). Our highly touted offense is getting embarrassed out there.

Our Highly Touted Offense is in a tailspin. Production rate is declining at an alarming rate. I plotted the UConn scores of all 6 games to date (including the exhibitions) and it reveals an astounding rate of offensive decline. It is so severe that superimposing a linear trend line predicts that by game 20 or so UConn will not be scoring at all. (Ed Note: I'm not sure how to interpret the data in the negative region....possibly it means that we will start scoring points for the opposition at an increasing rate.)

We are doomed.

scoring trend.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He then goes out of his way to point out that most of O'Connor's 18 points were from torching our leading scorer.
I noticed that. Well gives her something to work on. Gives Geno something to get on her about. :)

Reaction Score
Yes Biff - we are doomed. Not just in overall scoring decline, but also at the start of the second half. For the second game in a row, we started the second half losing the game. Only by the good fortune that we had a bit of a cushion did the score stay in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom