PONs for G3 | The Boneyard

PONs for G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I've got to pace myself, considering there are three games in three days. I'm sure some intrepid Boneyarders can fill in. Indeed, I've seen you already have, with the observations on Phil's shooting statistics. Thanks in advance.

Yet please allow me to at least point out something that is quite aggravating. At half time Auriemma commented he was not satisfied with our rebounding. Well, duh! Tuck, Stewart and DOLSON! all made three pointers and Stokes hit a 17-footer. If you're going to have your post players parked near the three point line how do you expect to get a rebound?!

The Boneyard has hammered home that the post players need to be parked down low for both rebounds and offensive efficiency. It's no coincidence that our only post player shooting 100% is the only one with enough good sense to not take an outside shot against Wake Forest. What is really annoying about all this is that Auriemma either does not read the Boneyard or he is not paying attention with how he utilizes his post players. How does he expect to grow as a coach if he cannot pay attention to our collective wisdom?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I was watching Wake get second and third chances at their end. Seems to me Geno might be referring to defensive rebounding

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Digger may have a point.
Haven't really seen last night, but in the previous game, I noticed 2 sometimes 3 big people prowling around with no-one inside, Ice's excellent point aside.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea there are still some things Geno can work on. Rebounding and FT shooting from last night.

Reaction Score
I was watching Wake get second and third chances at their end. Seems to me Geno might be referring to defensive rebounding

Normally, there are good rebounding positions to be in defensively. The shots Wake was taking were so desperation and hard, that the rebounds were landing in unusual places.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Our defensive rebounding but their offensive rebounding.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
UConn has been out rebounded on the offensive boards by their opponents this year (32-39) even though they are rebounding well overall.

Auriemma looks for the negatives 'cause that's the stuff that needs to be fixed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
UConn has been out rebounded on the offensive boards by their opponents this year (32-39) even though they are rebounding well overall.

Auriemma looks for the negatives 'cause that's the stuff that needs to be fixed.
Well to be fair, when UCONN is shooting 63% and the opponents are shooting 26%, there are a lot more opportunities for the opponents to get offensive rebounds then for UCONN.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Well to be fair, when UCONN is shooting 63% and the opponents are shooting 26%, there are a lot more opportunities for the opponents to get offensive rebounds then for UCONN.

That is not only fair, it is right. Numbers can be informative or uninformative.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Of course when your team shoots 60+% and the other team shoots 25-% there are a heck of a lot more chances for the other team to offensive rebound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom