PONs for G1 | The Boneyard

PONs for G1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Sure, it's tempting to be concerned about being outscored towards the end of the game, after we only built up a 75 point cushion, but one needs to look closer for the real issue at stake.

The floor general for much of that time was Banks. Sure, she looked great on the floor when Doty or Jefferson was running the offense, but do people realize she is likely as high as fourth on the depth chart for floor generals? In other words, if Hartley, Doty and Jefferson are all unavailable for the season then we have to rely on Banks to bring home a National Championship. Frankly, I don't see it.

Not that the other floor generals were that much better in this game. KML took the most shots for us, but was one of only two players who shot under 50%. Floor generals are supposed to find the hot hands in the offense, not the cold one.

Though I will have to give KML her due. She beats out Stewart in most statistical categories, save for scoring two points less, and Stewart gets player of the game? I can only imagine what freshman favoritism is going to do to erode team chemistry in the future. By March the team could be a snarling mess.

That's all I got ... for now. I may regret the challenge I set out for myself in doing this feature.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sure, it's tempting to be concerned about being outscored towards the end of the game, after we only built up a 75 point cushion, but one needs to look closer for the real issue at stake.

The floor general for much of that time was Banks. Sure, she looked great on the floor when Doty or Jefferson was running the offense, but do people realize she is likely as high as fourth on the depth chart for floor generals? In other words, if Hartley, Doty and Jefferson are all unavailable for the season then we have to rely on Banks to bring home a National Championship. Frankly, I don't see it.

Not that the other floor generals were that much better in this game. KML took the most shots for us, but was one of only two players who shot under 50%. Floor generals are supposed to find the hot hands in the offense, not the cold one.

Though I will have to give KML her due. She beats out Stewart in most statistical categories, save for scoring two points less, and Stewart gets player of the game? I can only imagine what freshman favoritism is going to do to erode team chemistry in the future. By March the team could be a snarling mess.

That's all I got ... for now. I may regret the challenge I set out for myself in doing this feature.

Of course, KML continues to shoot 50% on 3s. Clearly, she was too close to the hoop on some of those shots.

Reaction Score
There are just so many I can hardly enumerate them:

1. KML missed half of her three point shots.
2. Uconn made ten shots without an assist.
3. Uconn missed more than half of their three point shots.
4. CofC got more assists than Stephanie.
5. CofC scored twice as many points in the second half as they did in the first half.
6. Kiah missed half of her shots.

And I could go on and on and on ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I was equally disappointed in Kelly - 1 rebound and 0 blocked shots, I am tired of seeing 0's on her box score. Sad to see Senior come in and let the Freshmen do all of the work. :eek::p

Reaction Score
No reports of top recruits being on campus or giving a comitment. GA and staff our really droping the ball in recruiting. :p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
CofC scored more points than they did last year. Ergo, our defense is nowhere near as good as last year.

:rolleyes:
Not only did they score more, they shot better percentages too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom