Polley working out with Shabazz and Irv Roland | The Boneyard

Polley working out with Shabazz and Irv Roland

Reaction Score
good stuff.

i'm really hoping to see polley develop some ball-handling. he had the straight-line drive this year, but if he can develop more of a handle, hurley should be able to start him at the 3, with akok and carlton.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Maybe Shabazz will get Tyler Phommachanh out to Cali to run the sand hills with him.

Reaction Score
His 3 pt shooting percentage will only continue to rise the more seasoned and confident he becomes.

Kid has a sweet stroke. I look forward to the combination of him and sniper CV on the wings next season.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
While our current roster isn’t as talented as it needs to be to get back to blue blood status, it certainly seems like a group that’s willing to put the work in to get better. And that can take a team a long way...

You can make the comment about the roster not being as talented as it needs to be, but NOT in a Polley thread. This kid oozes talent and potential. The fact he's putting in the work is certainly encouraging.

Polley made great strides under Hurley. His frosh year with KO basically can't be counted, so he's pretty much a soph entering his junior year. If he can add a handle to his game, watch out!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Does he usually wear the tights under his shorts? How did I not notice he has the hairiest legs I’ve ever seen until now?

Reaction Score
Does he usually wear the tights under his shorts? How did I not notice he has the hairiest legs I’ve ever seen until now?

He probably does a shave before the first game and then a couple trim jobs during the season. That’s what I used to do at least ‍

Reaction Score
He probably does a shave before the first game and then a couple trim jobs during the season. That’s what I used to do at least ‍

Gotta stay aerodynamic.

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley is going to have a pro body as he continues to mature and add muscle. Working on his first step and his handle should open up his midrange game with some angles too. Pretty sure he can shoot from everywhere on the court even while moving and he is 6:8/9. If he can harness some aggression and confidence he'll really be good. Step up his interior play/boards as he gets stronger. He's got to want to rebound. With his height he gets very few putbacks.

Love seeing Shabazz mentoring and working out.

Irv Roland is with the Houston Rockets player development. He is a trainer. He has worked with James Harden a lot. (just looked it up)

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I bet Tyler grabs a rebound this season
he grabbed some that somehow found him
he has shown zero desire to mix it up and fight for the ball
a hard thing to teach and even harder to instill
hopefully he will gain something during the offseason but first he's got to reach down inside and find that desire that winners have that is so important
Will he? Hopefully because he has the physical assets and could be a big help this upcoming season
I see it as his make it or break it season

Reaction Score
Polley with some level of ballhandling ability = would be huge.

Even if he had 60% of the ballhandling ability of DeAndre Daniels.
Are you talking about the same DeAndre Daniels that played on the 2014 team?
He never even put the ball on the floor until mid-season his junior year despite all my posts begging him to do so. Apparently he wasn’t a BY fan.
My theory is even the threat of a slash creates shooting space and for a shooter space is king.
Seriously I think Polley will actually be as good if not better than DD in that department. I rewatched his HS films last year and was amazed at his ball skils
Being a skinny kid playing against men can put that confidence level on hold,that’s why physical strength is his ticket to become a real good baller.
However I would like him to get his shot confidence Up to DD’s level in that NC ( wouldn’t that be special)run and improve lhis rebounding.
For a skinny guy Daniels had a nose for the ball. Without his tap out in the Florida game Bazz is a goat not a hero.

Reaction Score
probably another docked scholarship

His dad was in the NFL so hopefully some of that money was invested and is available for off-season training. Or, if not, then if Hurley is fired for cause quickly enough we can get Ollie back and not have to pay the $10 Million.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom